We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frist time visitors...

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Frist time visitors...

My husband and I are staying @ Playa Escondida end of May. We will be zip lining and exploring Sayulita on one day. We also want to explore Bucerias and PVR one day each. Recommendations on what to do in each of the three cities? We like a mixture of local culture, food and adventure. (We are good for about an hour shopping and churches don't interest us.) We are not drinkers, so bars and nightlife are not a must-do. Also, should we take the bus from Sayulita to both?

thank you to all that respond.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frist time visitors...

I recommend going to the mountains south of PV and the zoo in Mismaloya. See the great rocks in the ocean (scenery from the movie, Night of the Iguana). It's a great day trip, but not for anyone physically impaired. The zoo is a hike up and then down. Hang out on the malecon in PV for an evening. It's crowded and it will be quite warm, but great people watching. In Bucerias, have lunch or dinner at Mark's, Karen's, Sandrinas or Linda's Tacos. I know...lots of gringo names, but they are great restaurants. I love Flaky's and Sweet Thing too, but I think they may both be closed when you are there. You can try the yacht club in La Cruz...great view. Don't know any good restaurants in Sayulita...just lots of good looking surfers and good shopping as well. Have a great trip...you will love it. Rita

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,127 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frist time visitors...

While all of the above restaurants are great, none are on the ocean. In May when its hot I would dine with an ocean breeze at either Aduato's, El Brujo, or Mezzagiorno in Bucerias. All excellent food.

I would also recommend the zoo south of PV by Mismaloya if you have time.

Sayulita is a trendy little town with art galleries etc. Its fun just to spend a beach day there and watch the surfers.

Have a great time, you will love the area.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frist time visitors...

Karen's is on the beach.

Mission, Canada
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, Mission
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frist time visitors...

Definitely Sweet Thing's in Bucerias for breakfast / brunch if it is open. Loved it myself when there recently. Oh, buy some of their sweet treat, i.e. buns, to take with you before you leave.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frist time visitors...

Sweet Thing closed May 5th or so for remodeling. Not sure when they will reopen. Rita

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frist time visitors...

Sweet things is hoping to re-open on June 1. I hope so as I'm going through cinamon bun withdrawals LOL.

7. Re: Frist time visitors...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:40
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias