We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern California
Level Contributor
249 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

Are they really that bad? Do they not do decent Margaritas or Pina Coladas? Will I need to buy my own for my room?

And please give recommendations on the a la cartes.......what is good and what to avoid. Thanks!

Prince George...
Level Contributor
743 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

pina coladas, are very sweet they make a few good margaritas, its not super bad but you will notice the quality of the rum and vodka kinda has an after taste compared to smironoff or bacardi imo,

italian is a must do great atmosphere and food, brazialian is good to but lots of meat and only meat does have salad bar, the jap jap was ok but see lately better reviews enjoyed mexican not to die for but good,

you will do great do stop over at the barchelata across the road from rdc and have a margarita julio makes an awesome to go one,and if you need wifi on your trip this is a definate visit

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

I bought my own wine and a bottle of tequila for the room. It was very cheap and worth it to have it. The drinks are ok, but needed something good.

Port Alberni B.C
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

I always drink vodka or beer and have never had a problem with the drinks,love the blended vodka and mango.I have seen people bring their own,but most people drink whats there

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
213 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

I enjoyed the drinks when I was there. But, I don't expect 'top shelf' from the well. Last time I was there, the beer was straight out of the bottle - Sol. I'll be there Saturday and I'll let you know...!!!

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

If you find the right drink, you'll be okay. Try a Paloma instead of a really sweet drink and if not strong enough for you, ask for a double. Bartenders even take suggestions on how you'd like it poured. Husband enjoys the beer and I even get used to the vino tinto while there. Something for the room is a good idea and very inexpensive at Beto's. Fav ala carts, in order, Italian (always great), Mexican (outstanding last trip), Thai (yum), Jap (mixed reviews from us but can be very good), and Brazilian last! So many great places to eat at in Bucerias, and with the cost of the trip to the RDC, well it's worth it to get out and try. A perk last trip was finding some good scotch on the resort in a few bars, just have a look first! Enjoy!!!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

We were there for 10 days and never heard anyone complain about the drinks.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

we enjoyed all the drinks we had there, and liked the Italian and Thai restaurant the best. I think the best steak I ever had was at the Thai restaurant. and they had wonderful soup and deserts there as well.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

I'm like Snorkler.Always buy a good bottle of tequilla and have the bartenders mix us drinks.The tequilla served at the RDC is not pure

9. Re: Alcohol drinks and food at RDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:47