We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from reviews Chris-What you should consider

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
341 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
from reviews Chris-What you should consider

We've been to RDC 4 times, always travel with friends 6-10 other couples, and we love the bar scene, going into town, etc. We've never ever ran into any police problems off or on the resort. This just amazes me if all this actually happened, as we've always felt very safe.

once a friend needed help walking home from disco and we were impressed that they stopped and asked 2 male friends, what was going on, now this was resort security. when it was explained and her hubby back them up, all was fine. we were pleased as they didn't know it was friends helping a friend.

As of under age drinking, I've also seen the bartenders flat out NO to young people with parents or not.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,656 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

I had to shake my head at that one too. Grandma takes a 17 year old and his girlfriend (who stayed in same room) and then lets him drink unsupervised?

I guess I'm just old school but really ????? Shame on the bartenders for serving him with an underage bracelet and security for not seeing it.

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

I guess we are OLD school as well and 17 was a VERY long time ago indeed. No worries though Chris, your review won't stop us from going back for our 4th visit. You are very fortunate to have such a liberated and generous Grandma and I hope your next vacation is a better experience for you. Cheers!

Calgary
Level Contributor
355 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

Hmmm the police story sounds very fishy to me, I have never stayed at RDC but am in the process of reviewing it for an upcoming vacation and it certainally wont put me off either. I have been to Bucerias area numerous times and love it.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

I don't know what to say about the review "Chris" wrote, but I'm going to say something anyway.

It sounds to me like he has a wild imagination and he described the trip that he, as a (nearly illiterate) 17-year-old boy with over-active hormones, only wishes he had been able to take. My guess is that he went there with mom, dad and siblings and that he was pouting the entire time because he couldn't drink at the resort or have his girlfriend from home come with him.

I have never stayed at the RDC, but I've heard many, many glowing reports about the food, accommodations, drinks and entertainment, etc. Please don't take his comments at face value.

P.S. I've reported this review to the TripAdvisor for being "suspicious".

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

Don't believe a word of it!

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
136 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

When referring to a review, it would be nice if we could see a link to it so we could read it. Please provide a link to this one ... I can't find it. Thanks.

Victoria, British...
Level Contributor
82 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

leegleze, it is now the second post under the RDC listing on the left side of this page under the category "Recently Reviewed"

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
953 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

yep... just another with a grain of salt and ...many laughs!

Chris knows a strong drink and a weak drink?... by 17... that is scarey...

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

First, go to the left side of this page and click on "Bucerias Hotels". Then, click on "All Hotels" or "On the Beach" and "Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta". The review Chris wrote is entitled, "WHAT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER".

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: from reviews Chris-What you should consider

Never seems to amaze me "some peoples children".

I travelled in January of this year with a group of 15 people, including my son turned 17 when we were there, my daughter who was 14. Each bringing a friend. They all enjoyed themselves and we always felt safe. Having been to the RDC the year before and knowing the resort did make me feel more a ease. No way would I let any of the kids run off to far on their own at night when we were there, just as I wouldn't let them do it when we are in Vancouver. grrr

We had a great week at the RDC no issues, friendly staff, great resort. Every review needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I shake my head often while reading them.