We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Questions

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
82 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Questions

Hello,

I just booked last minute trip to the Royal Decameron in Bucerias. Will be travelling with my husband and mmy 9month old baby girl. I stayed at this resort back in 2007 but need help with a couple questions.

- Cribs: Do they have cribs or playpens? Are The cribs metal or wood or plastic?

- Dress Code: 5 years ago men needed to wear long pants to all of the a la cartes, but Ive recently read some comments saying the only one that requires pants for men is the Italian restaurant? True or false?

- Elevators: I thought that when I stayed here before there were elevators? If there are no elevators I will have to request a main floor room because of the baby stroller

- Oceanfront Rooms: I paid for the upgrade to oceanfront room, but I have seen a lot of reviews saying these rooms are extremely noisy because the bars are near. Too noisy will be bad because the baby would get woken up. Any info?

- Bathtub: Do the rooms have a bathtub or shower only? Do any rooms have a bathtub?

Thank you for any help :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

http://www.lotsfortotsmexico.com/

I am not sure the RDC will have cribs, best to check directly with them. If not here is the link to rent things while you are there. The bathrooms just have showers, no tub. There is only one building with an elevator and can't recall which one....someone on here will know. Building one is close to the bars and the walking path along the ocean, so I think it may be a little noisy for baby. As far as men's attire, no long pants are needed, just nice shorts with a collared shirt.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

block 3 has the elevator.Have been 10 times and have never worn pants.Nov.can't come fast enough.

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

They do have cribs available (not sure what they are made of), request ahead your arrival. Block 1 is nice and yes it can be noisey, if staying there request southend furtherest away from activity pool, 2nd floor. You will have a lovely ocean view and less noise at night. 1st floor of this building - no view! Have a great trip!

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

As mentioned above, my husband has never worn long pants to any of the a la carte restaurants, but, he always packs one pair of trousers, just in case the rules "change". If you booked a room in Block #1, yes, try to get a room farthest from the activity pool and, since you last visited, they have put in a huge lobby bar in that area,which could be noisy. Also, before 9:30pm, they have their "mini" shows, all in that area around Block #1. If you can swing it, with the stroller, I would request a room on the 2nd floor if you want an oceanview. There are tall shrubs and a public walkway directly in front of your room if you have a ground floor room, so, no view.

I have not stayed in Block #1, but, have walked by it 100 times. This is not a deal breaker, but, the dividers on the patios/balconies are constructed of plexiglass, or some clear plastic material. It doesn't give you much privacy, but, like I said, not a deal breaker for me.

Hoping you enjoy your 2nd stay. We have been guests of the Royal Decameron 4 times and never seem to tire of it.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

We were there this June and NO pants need at any of the restaurants. We have been 3 other times and it's nice not to pack long pants ....

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
543 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

It should be noted that while pants are not necessary, bottoms are!!!! ha ha

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

I stayed in that ocean front the first time. It is not worth the extra $$. Lots of traffic and very noisy. Bldg 4 much better. Just don't ear beach wear to the a la cartes. You will find that some ladies like to dress up at the Italian one.

I think someone was right about the elevators. Now remember this is a simple resort amenities wise , no swim up bar etc but the staff is certainly the best

victoria bc canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

Is there a resort map anywhere to be found?

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
818 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

penny, Send me your email and I will forward a map to you.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,368 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

Map link in post #2