We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDC liquor

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RDC liquor

Trying to get an idea of what we could be drinking if we stay here.

Bacardi dark rum? or a decent dark rum?

tequila - Quervo is fine for us for margaritas, if they serve it. Or do they serve a domestic brand? I'm guessing that there wouldn't be a tequila to drink straight?

beer - I've seen mention of Sol and Modelo - 2 of my favourites and cold is good. Any bottles or cans? gracias.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDC liquor

You will not find any top brand stuff here it is all domestic and in plastic bottles, beer is on tap and no cans the tequila is in a barrel and at times very hard.. but feel free to go up the road to the little store to the left of the oxo store or the mega and bring back something to your liking they will mix it for you as well have a great trip

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDC liquor

The liquor is not premium. Most of it is made in Mexico and cheaper quality. There is no rye whiskey, or Bailey's. If you have a favourite buy it yourself as suggested and bring it to the bar, If you are travelling on a charter (eg.Air Transat) buy it duty free on the plane. You are allowed to bring 3 bottles into Mexico. The beer is typical Mexican beer but they usually have 2 varieties, light and dark to choose from .I have found that most resorts that are available at this price, have lower quality liquor. Spend $500/wk more and you will get a better selection of booze. My .02

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDC liquor

Yes, you can spend $500 /wk more for better booze, or you can cab it to Mega/Walmart for a few dollars, buy a couple of bottles of good tequila and wine and it will be a great vacation.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDC liquor

I always walk to Betos and grab a bottle of pure Tequila.The bartenders make us great drinks.Betos is a 10 min walk max.

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDC liquor

so is this the routine? - buy the bottle of choice, give it to a bartender and have him pour your drinks. or just get mix from the bar and pour booze yourself.

Edited: 20 September 2012, 06:17
Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDC liquor

randren - it's been our "routine" to take something with us and we also go up to Beto's a couple of times during our stay. As yaz said, the bartenders are happy to hold it for you and we always keep something in the room. It's a matter of choice. The beer is always very cold and refreshing. I've even enjoyed the odd paloma made from the bar and can also get down the house red wine. Last trip we found some nice scotch around the resort, but had to look for it. Beto's will have everything you may want, it's worth the nice walk. Happy Travels!

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
870 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RDC liquor

sounds good. i'm guessing that Beto's is a store.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,159 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RDC liquor

Routine depends on drinking habits, but I found drinking the beer or simple mixed was fine during the day. I'd maybe take some of the good tequila in a water bottle and just ask for a glass of ice at the bar, or whatever mix and poof! perfect Centenario Resposado Tequila on the beach at happy hour. Wine, red, Chilian in the room before dinner. I ask for a wine glass at the bar, they were fine with that. And yes, we have taken a bottle of our own wine to dinner, but do find it's ok in a pinch. RD - with the fine drinks - at a great price. Also, eating out in Bucerias is a nice break from the restaurant routine.

A walk down the beach to Karen's for a mango marg can't hurt either...

Edited: 21 September 2012, 02:44
Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RDC liquor

Yes Betos is a store or you can walk 2 doors past my office www.bienvenidosrealestate.com 2.5 blocks north and west towards town and there is a little store there, that has cold beer and a small selection of liquor but Betos is the best for selection

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
969 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RDC liquor

hmmmm... mango margueritas... my favourite! we normally buy a nice bottle of wine for a before dinner drink on our balcony as the wine quality at the à la cartes isn't very good.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias