We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good breakfast places in Bucerias

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
542 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Good breakfast places in Bucerias

Will be there for first time in February and looking forward to it. Can anyone recommend some favourite breakfast places? I prefer light, healthy breakfasts...omelettes, crepes or scrambled eggs with fresh fruit, or maybe fruit and yogurt-granola....something that doesnt taste greasy or heavily fried....staying at hotel suites nadia...

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,460 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

My favorite breakfast place is Sweet Thing bakery. They are located on L. Cardenas. There is also Karen's which is right on the beach at Costa Dorado, Luna Luna and Encore (both are on L. Cardenas).

Have a great trip!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

OMG, not on your healthy list, but the cinnamon rolls at Sweet Things are to die for!

United States
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

My favorites for breakfast are Karen's and Paninos. There is also a quite good creperie on Hidalgo which I like. While Sweet Things may have a good breakfast they seem to have too many seats to accomodate in a timely manner, I don't want to spend over an hour waiting for my breakfast.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,460 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

Casa Triskell, the creperie, is now where the Twisted Rose used to be. They will be re-opening on October 1. Yes, Sweet Thing does have a wait time many mornings BUT...it is sooo worth it! They have the best "bang for your buck" here. Their homemade breads, cinnamon rolls, pickles, ect are excellent. If you don't go there on Sunday, you will usually be served quicker. Sunday's are EXTREMELY busy there so...not a day that I go there.

Have a great trip!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
542 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

Thanks for the suggestions...these sound good!

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,721 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

Sweet Thing and Casa Triskell would be my top picks, too. (It's good to hear that Casa Triskell is moving into much larger quarters, across the street. Love their quiche and crepes.) The speed of the service at Sweet Thing can vary; I've been there a few times when it was downright speedy.

IMO, Karen's Sunday Brunch can't be beat. If you just want coffee or tea and a pastry, I like Pie in the Sky on the highway.

Lake Ozark, Missouri
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

I heartily agree with all the above - Sweet Things being my fave! But a couple more options with yummy fresh fruit con crema is Rinconcito de Poncho, just half block off town square. The owner is a gem! Another is the Red Apple (just one block past the dry creek bridge on south side) who also has good fruit. My husband and son loved the Red Apple omelette (yes, with apples!) It's upstairs and has a great view of the bay and nice breezes. All in all Bucerias has fabulous food! And don't forget to try the street vendors for lunches and dinners!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
953 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

we will give our few cents as well..

fyi....there are no calories in anything you eat while on holidays... if you find you are not fitting into something...well it is because of the humidity in Mexico...and seems quite humid in Bucerias especially!!... just so you are aware...

Yes!,....Sweet things is fantastic.....and Casa Triskell for the crepes..

we also found Ixta to be enjoyable along with Karens...

a hidden little place we found...Jorges...just off Lazaro maybe 2 or 3 streets...up from Javier Mina...heading toward Centro...a little coffe shops sits on the corner... love Bucerius!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
542 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

Thanks everyone for the fast replies and suggestions.....Now I have a feeling I will definitely be running every day....

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good breakfast places in Bucerias

Sweet Things is owned by a Winnipeg couple. Service can be quite slow. I found it overpriced

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations