We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking at Night

Winnipeg Manitoba
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Walking at Night

Last year we stayed in Bucerias for just over a week and loved it. We only "discovered" the Drunken Duck the very last night of our stay - had a great time at an open mike night! But the music and fun doesn't start until after 9 or 10 so it gets to be a late night.

The streets are so empty and quiet later at night - it felt a little spooky walking back to our hotel, especially over the "kissing bridge". Any safety issues or concerns about walking on the streets around midnight?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking at Night

I recommend AGAINST walking over the kissing bridge late at night. Walking into town at about 9-10pm would be OK but walking back afterward is not something that I would do. Taxi's are easy to get and cheap. Just ask one of the staff to call you a taxi and one will be there in about 3-5 minutes (except on New Year's eve when the taxi's are really busy).

Have a great trip!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking at Night

I would feel safe if you we're in a group of 4 people or more. Have done it many times with no problem, but we were always a large group. Also do not walk if to many drinks were had:). That is asking for trouble.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking at Night

we walked when there was a few of us... but..last 2 years...we take a taxi

$5.00 gets you home safe and sound... and it is much easier to play it safe ..really...I don't walk home at night even in my home town if I have been out......safety..is the utmost important thing... while on vacatiion..

stay safe...spend $5.00

and have fun!!..dance on the bar!

Winnipeg Manitoba
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking at Night

thanks! We are only staying a short bit away ... right near Mark's restaurant - so seems funny taking a cab for a five minute walk. Is it easy to find a cab near that end of town (The Drunken Duck)?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking at Night

we live about the same distance.. but.. a night of having fun..

safety is... important...

$5.00....nothing...... imo

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking at Night

The taxi stand is on the main street by the church so about 2 blocks away from the Duck. However, they will easily call you a taxi that will pick you up right at the door of the Duck. Like jim says, "dance on the bar!" Its alot of fun!

Have a great trip!

Winnipeg Manitoba
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking at Night

thanks! You are right... and we will take your advice.

8. Re: Walking at Night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 02:16