We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elenamex

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Elenamex

I just wanted to let people know that destination expert Elenamex fell in her condo a couple weeks ago and broke her ankle. She has been house-bound since, and does not have internet access at home.

She hopes to be able to get around a little bit soon.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
724 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Elenamex

Looking at the bright side, there isn't a more perfect place to recover than in Bucerias. Makes me think about safety in Mexico topics as a broken ankle is about as bad as it gets. Sad to hear when it happens to someone but good to know you will be crutching around town hopefully soon. All the best to your recovery. You have many friends who think of you every time they go on the forum. Feliz Navidad e Ano Nuevo.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Elenamex

Oh so sorry to hear that sioux.

Please pass along our wishes for a speedy recovery when you next see our friend.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays friends

Leigh & Gordo

Edited: 22 December 2012, 13:25
oshawa
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Elenamex

Get well soon and Merry Christmas. We need you up and around for the upcoming meet&greets.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,977 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Elenamex

Thanks for putting out this information, sioux.

I was at Elenamex's house in Bucerias on Thursday and Friday (we cabbed her to the doctor and Dr. Victor says she's repairing and should be out of the cast in 2 weeks or so) in addition to visiting her shortly after she took her fall.

She and I have become very good friends over the past several years, through TA. One of the wonderful benefits of Tripadvisor.

I also just got off the phone with her and she would like everyone to know that she feels she is getting EXCELLENT medical care at Santa Rosa Clinic (Dr. Victor) in Bucerias and even though she won't be *up-and-around* to go party on Christmas Day (happy girl, she is), she wants to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

What everyone should know, when traveling, is (as Elenamex would say and has said on this forum) ---- make sure you have a few contacts, re medical care and friends. Whenever I go see her (often), she has had an amazing network of people in town.

She's in GREAT spirits (as always) and has a wonderful local woman caring for some of her needs, such as shopping and cooking. Being in her house (3 days this past month), she's doing quite well and has improved her Spanish greatly. In some ways, it's been a fun education. Maria (her care-giver) is a wonderful local Bucerias woman who I've enjoyed getting to know also.

Don't forget to have "A PLAN" when you travel. She did, so it's not so bad being laid up with a broken ankle and being able to chill out for awhile.

Elenamex has been a resident of Bucerias for many years and she loves the people there and they love her.....and her friends/neighbors are caring for her. Pretty good, I think. ;=))

If anyone wants to call her while they are there or they have the ability to call internationally, send me a PM and I can tell you how to contact her. Also, she doesn't have e-mail access now (as she's depended on wireless) but she's trying to get her modem/landline re-established in her house now, so she could be online soon, before her ankle repairs.

Happy Holidays everyone.....I just got back home, from PV and Bucerias, about 18 hours ago and wish I was still there.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
756 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Elenamex

I talked to her last week. She's healing well and has a wonderful woman, Maria, taking care of her. Unfortunately, she's on the second floor, so just daily living is a challenge for her. Elenamex has been through some tough times in her life, the worst being the death of her beloved husband there in Bucerias. No stinkin' broken ankle will keep her down for long. Miss you Elena! Merry Christmas!!! And Merry Christmas to ALL my TA friends!!! Rita

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Elenamex

Right back at you RitaDallas and here's to Elenamex making a speedy recovery-which seems to be the case.

Happy Holidays one and all - see you in 2014 :)

Leigh

prince george
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Elenamex

Thanks, Sioux for letting us know. We are happy to hear that she is in good hands and recovering nicely. Daryl and Louise.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,977 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Elenamex

Stay tuned.....she's trying to catch up on her e-mail now (I think, based on our conversation yesterday) so she should be writing soon. She still has the cast on her right leg.

She'll surprise everyone someday soon! I think she's felt the love on the forums.

Happy New Year 2013.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,418 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Elenamex

All the best Elenamex... mend well.

Happy New Year.

20. Re: Elenamex

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias