We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

California Pizza just opened in Bucerias. Not the chain you might be familiar with from NOB, but the one from San Juan de Abajo and San Jose del Valle.

It is across the street from Colegio Bucerias, on Calle Estaciones. (Famar Restaurant is on the corner of Estaciones.)

They have a wood-burning pizza oven and make really good pizza. The shrimp fettucine alfredo is "to die for", at least according to some of my friends.

Prices are really reasonable. You can bring your own beer or wine, the only sell soft drinks.

Hours are noon - 11 pm, telephone is 329 298 1796. There is home delivery.

Owner Francisco has ived in the US and seas English very well.

Go try it out, you won't regret it.

I don't work there, am not an investor, just a happy pizza and pasta customer!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

Better than Yo Yo Mo's!!???

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

Thanks for the Info Sue.Do you know if they will deliver to the very north end of NV Flamingo beach area? Keep up the good work as a TA Expert you are a good example.

PEI
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

We have eaten in one of their other restaurants, and can personally vouch for the quality and flavor of their pizzas......in fact hope to have a pie or two when we get there in March!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

I was there last night. I didn't have their pizza but did have pasta. It was good and reasonably priced. I will try their pizza to compare it to YoYo Mo's as they have awesome pizza. I did see that it was a thin crust pizza which is different than YoYo Mo's. It looked good but, I know that I prefer a little thicker crust. However, if you like thin crusts...it did look good.

Yakima, Washington
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

Great info thanks, we arrive Friday night. Did they have a TV for the NFL playoffs? Go Seahawks!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

It isn't really a thin crust, nayarit. It isn't a deep dish, but I also don't really like a thin crust and I love California Pizza's pizza.From the once or twice I've had pizza at YoYo's, I'd say it was comparable in thickness.

Another disclaimer, as I am neither Canadian nor a sports fan, I rarely go to YoYoMo's. They are completely different places.

IF I wanted to watch hockey, drink and party - YoYo's no question.

If I want a good pizza or out of this world shrimp alfredo - California Pizza hands down.

For a reasonable size order, I'm sure he would deliver to the Flamingos area.

Edited: 08 January 2013, 17:07
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

WVchief. There is NO TV at California pizza. They only have 3 tables set up outside their kitchen. If you want to watch the NFL, the place to go is YoYo Mo's. they are on Ave. Mexico about 1 1/2 blocks north of the square. I guess your team is playing the Falcons. My Vikings are out so I am now saying,..."GO FALCONS GO" as they are my DH team.

I will have to try the pizza at California next time to compare the two. I LOVE YoYo Mo's pizza. I will say that I had the Alfredo and it was good. Ixta's restaurant is a little better but...costs way more also (and it doesn't come with shrimp or mushrooms). My hubby had the Jambalaya and he thought it was good also.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
395 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

Sue,

What would one consider a reasonable order? Do you by chance know size of a large and ex large. Any website?

Yes when in sunny Mexico no time for sports bar dwelling , one can do this the other 11 months of the year. To each their own. Thanks for the Info.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

What he told me is that he didnt want to make a delivery of just a hamburger :)

A large pizza is 120 pesos, and I believe it comes with a 2-liter soda. No XL size. Personal size is around 50 pesos and medium is around 70.

Pasta orders, such as the shrimp fettucine alfredo, are about 80 pesos and come with home made rolls. A Cesar salad big enoug for 2 with chicken in it is 50 pesos.

I can't speak for him directly, but I think owner Francisco would deliver any order over 100 pesos to you, no delivery charge (but a tip is appreciated of course) I'm encouraging him to make a Facebook page with the menu on it.

carrot river sk
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: A great new pizza/pasta restaurant

Wow those are some great prices, will definitely be going there. Thanks for the info Sue, it makes planning so much easier when those on the ground keeps us updated.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations