We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortilla Soup

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
kelowna
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Topic
Tortilla Soup

We have travelled to Mexico for many years, but it was just last November when I first tried Tortilla Soup while we were in San Jose Del Cabo, I loved it, we even went back the next night with friends, just for the soup.

Now I am on the hunt for the best Tortilla soup in Bucerias, so if you can pass on any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Cheers, K

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortilla Soup

It's not in Bucerias, but I think Ernesto's Good Grub, in Vallarta and Jarretaderas, has delicious tortilla soup.

Washington State
Level Contributor
387 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortilla Soup

If you want to make your own once you are home, buy the Tortilla Soup mix (spices) at the airport - get it from a freestanding rack in front of one of the shops once you pass Security. It's 104p and it is delicious!

kelowna
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortilla Soup

Not sure if I will go all the way into Vallarta for soup, will just have to look in Bucerias, will make it my quest, lol.

I have seen the Tortilla soup mix in Oamk WA, Walmart, will have to pick some up next time.

Cheers, K

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortilla Soup

I love the tortilla soup at Famar Restaurant in Bucerias. Second choice would be Sweet Thing, Third choice would be Ixta. They are all really great. No need to go to out of Bucerias to find excellent Tortilla soup. The three mentioned above are all terrific!

Have a great trip!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortilla Soup

La Morenita, just south of the footbridge over the arroyo also has it, and a friend told me it was wonderful. But Ernesto's is my favorite.

Indiana...
Level Contributor
617 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tortilla Soup

I just made a batch at home. Look up "Slow Cooker Tortilla Soup" on allrecipes.com. You don't need to make it in a slow cooker.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tortilla Soup

It is super easy to make, for sure.

kelowna
Level Contributor
140 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tortilla Soup

Thanks for all the great suggestions, and will for sure look up the recipe.

Cheers, K

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
745 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tortilla Soup

Sweet Thing is amazing. I didn't know they had tortilla soup. They are best known for their breakfast, and they have great salads too. Now I know about the soup. Can't wait to try it. RD

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tortilla Soup

RitaDallas-when at Sweet Things-if you like yummy homemade Dill Pickles-their's is the best-they sell them by the jar :)

I can't wait to get back there - these Off Site establishments are what makes Bucerias stand out from the rest---so much to do and see - so little time-lol.

And I too am interested in trying the other places mentioned in these replies.

Edited: 18 February 2013, 13:48