We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Questions

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BC
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Questions

Re beach towels:

1. Do you get a card that you exchange for towels, or are they in your room when you arrive?

2. Where is the towel hut to exchange your towels?

Re catamarans:

1. How often do they go out?

2. When/how do you book a ride on them?

Buffets: I know there is one by building #5, where is the other?

A La Carte

1, Dress Code: For men is it long pants and a collared shirt? Can they were sandals?

2, Are the A La Cartes air conditioned?

Victoria
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

1. Do you get a card that you exchange for towels, or are they in your room when you arrive?

You will get a towel card upon check in..then you take it to the towel hut to get your towels

2. Where is the towel hut to exchange your towels? there is one at pool1 and pool 5

Re catamarans:

1. How often do they go out? The people I et just went down to the activity area to see what time they were available..it was dependent on the water

2. When/how do you book a ride on them? Activity area I believe

Buffets: I know there is one by building #5, where is the other? The two big ones are near pool one, and the other big one is near pool 2/3 then there is a smaller one near pool 5...I am not sure what is near pool 6 but there is some food there.in the 9 times we have been there never eaten there lol

A La Carte

1, Dress Code: For men is it long pants and a collared shirt? Can they were sandals? I have seen all sorts of dress in the al a cartes unfortunately..my husband usually wears a nice pant and a collared shirt, and sometimes nice sandals

2, Are the A La Cartes air conditioned?

I believe the Italian one may be..all the other ones are not closed in..if that makes sense

Level Contributor
169 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

There is no particular dress code at any restaurant as long as you are not in beach clothing. Italian is air conditioned but only part of it. Lots of choices at the buffets. They are better than most 4 stars in Mexico!

Enjoy.

Chicago, IL USA
Level Contributor
342 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

Keep your expectations for the food low and you won't be disappointed.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,477 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

You will definitely be able to find some good grub at the RDC. There is usually something for everyone's taste buds. I LOVE the breakfast buffet as they make excellent omelletes however you like them. The 2 A la Cartes that I like the best are the Italian and the Brazilian. Brazilian serves alot of meat so be prepared for a protein overload if you go there. I actually go to the RDC a couple times a year on a day pass and always have a wonderful time.

Have a great trip!

BC
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

Thanks everyone. We are excited to go and understand what to expect.

Victoria
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

when do you head down?

Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

The food is excellent! We love the breakfast and lunch the best. When eating lunch late in the afternoon, we usually would skip the dinner buffet and go to one of the specialty restaurants, or go into Bucerias. Sometimes we would skip dinner altogether and just go to the snackbar later in the evening. I am a picky eater, but never went hungry. :) Sometimes eating way too much. LOL

Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

The food is excellent! We love the breakfast and lunch the best. When eating lunch late in the afternoon, we usually would skip the dinner buffet and go to one of the specialty restaurants, or go into Bucerias. Sometimes we would skip dinner altogether and just go to the snackbar later in the evening. I am a picky eater, but never went hungry. :) Sometimes eating way too much. LOL

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

We are simalar to dennocb have fun

Edited: 21 September 2013, 04:02
Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Decameron Questions

We have to deal with significant food allergy/dairy and gluten intolerance issues and still had no problems finding satisfying dining options . The a la cartes reservations are for supper only and some of the a la carte restaurants are open for buffet breakfasts and lunches in differing configurations on some days if I remember correctly . The buffet restaurants have rotating themes , different each day at each place . I would take the time , after asking permission , to preview almost all of the choices at all the buffets each meal to see which ones seemed best suited to our needs each day . The resort is relatively compact and you can preview the offerings simply for the most tasty offerings quite easily if you choose . You can also choose the least busy option at a given time and or the one with the best cooling breezes , often the Flamingos by pool and bar # 1 . We ate most breakfasts at the shared asian restaurant space at building # 5 . Tipping tip . There will be a primary omelet maker and bacon cook . Tip this person 50 pesos on your first opportunity to make a friend . Our friend went out of her way keep cross contamination ingredients out of our special needs foods which don't include bacon .

The buffet suppers did seem to be the weakest of the three daily offerings but to be honest after a much larger than normal breakfast and late lunch we weren't in need of so much supper . We even snacked at one buffet for supper and then sat down to a small snacking supper at the other one . That is out of the norm for most people but with the volatile stomach situation it was a small price for a pain free night .

There were entire plane loads of fellow Canadin tourists arriving on certain days and so they would all leave on the same day also . Inquire about this pattern to boost your a la carte choosing chances in the first come first served system while this block of customers must leave and before their replacements arrive . The number system is a fair but potentially time wasting process that you can figure out and only get up early a few times to book a la cartes and only be present at the prompt beginning of the picking process once you have your number . For early risers they had self serve coffee at this Lobby Tropical location and ice water at times .

Check the link for a site map .

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g657267-i12005-k500…

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias