We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to bring to RDC

BC
Level Contributor
294 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
What to bring to RDC

Hello, looking at previous posts here regarding RDC, and what to bring, I have come up with the following list. Am I missing anything? Where do I buy the air mattress, at the corner store?

Shampoo

face cloth

Kleenex

watch or clock

loungers are very uncomfortable. Bring an air mattress or buy one when you get there.

We take a fold up cooler with us along with some large zip lock bags.

extension cord is helpful too.

They don't even have straws.

Bubba Keg

Thanks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to bring to RDC

Bring one of the double walled insulated glasses with a straw, that takes care of the bubba and straws. You can buy an air mattress at the little corner store located across from the resort. Instead of alarm clock you can use your cell phone. I can survive a week without a facecloth, but if not, for sure bring one. Not sure why you need the cooler, just go to the bar to get a cold drink.

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
603 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to bring to RDC

If you buy one of the thermos brand coffee mugs with the air tight top your drinks will stay cold forever.

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to bring to RDC

check out your dollar store at home. might be too late now, but that is where I got ours and then left them for other guests to enjoy after out holidays were over. Sorry, this is regarding the air matresses.

Monica

Edited: 05 November 2013, 15:11
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to bring to RDC

I bring a thermarest self inflating sleeping pad for camping. I unroll it....toss it on the lounge chair( see profile pic)...open the valve...go for breakfast...come back it's ready to go!! They are lightweight and comfy!! I also suggest the extension cord. Grab a bunch of thick slurpee or bubble tea straws. You will need them if you like the slushy drinks. If you smoke bring an unbreakable ashtray.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 23:59
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,628 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to bring to RDC

Bring the whole house.. lol...

Really, RDC dosen't have ashtrays?facecloths,in room fridge,straws,kleenex,shampoo... Very basic items at other resorts.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to bring to RDC

No shampoo, no Kleenex. no in room fridge. They have ashtrays, of course, but not as many as they perhaps should so that's why I bring my own for poolside. No straws...means less garbage on the beach...which makes sense to me. I can spend hundreds of $$$$$$ more and get all the amenities but I don't really need them. I did my homework and came prepared. It's funny how so many people that review the RDC on Trip Advisor complain about the lack of....do they not read the previous reviews? Do they just post...odd.. I've stayed in fancier resorts...but the RDC suits me just fine!!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
971 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to bring to RDC

have to agree with Al H

do your homework...and it is a great place.... not for every one.. of course and that is understood

done the 5 star...and the 2 star....

of course this is why we do the condo route now... we know what we need and want....

but would go there again if required....we loved it!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What to bring to RDC

Hi there, thanks for your great suggestions. Where did you get your thermarest air mattress? Can I ask why an extension cord is needed?

Many thx!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What to bring to RDC

Thanks for the tips. Can I ask where you got your thermarest air mattress, and why is an extension cord needed?

Thanks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
318 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to bring to RDC

Self-inflating pads are available at most camping stores such as MEC, Cabela's and Canadian Tire. They can get quite expensive ($75-$150) for the Thermarests. There are other brands as well that are less expensive. I borrow mine and a friend made a slip cover for it to protect it from lotion and Margarita's!! Check if you can borrow one!! I use an extension cord for electronics such as portable DVD player, laptop and charging camera's, phones etc. Outlets can be hard to find.

I bring a lot of gear with me!!

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias