We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying bus tickets

Grand Falls...
Level Contributor
83 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Buying bus tickets

At the end of our month long stay in Bucerias we are planning to take the bus from PV to Guadalajara. Is there any place in Bucerias to buy these tickets or do I have to go into PV to do this? If I have to go to PV can anyone tell me where I need to go and how I can get there using public transit?

Thanks again to everyone for answering my recent questions about Bucerias. You have been very helpful and we are really enjoying our time here.

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,239 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying bus tickets

There is really no need to prebook. Buses are frequent. It might be worth checking locally, as some buses stop on the highway on their way to Guadalajara. They may not be as fast as the nonstop buses, but it will save you backtracking to PV bus station.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,308 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying bus tickets

We took the Vallarta Plus bus to Tlaquepaque ( suburb of Guadalajara ) which leaves from the bus station right in Bucerias. We booked our tickets online because it was a little cheaper and we could book our seats. We like the first row right behind the driver so we could see everything. Also the road is windy so if you get motion sick this is the best seat. We stayed in Tlaquepaque, but a cab ride Into downtown Guadalajara was only 90 pesos.

http://www.vallartaplus.com/english/index.php

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying bus tickets

I always if possible book the day before to assure getting a seat I want such as a view on the double deckers or near the restroom (I'm old) for long haul overnight trips.

Grand Falls...
Level Contributor
83 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying bus tickets

Thanks...didn't know about the station in Bucerias so will check out that option.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying bus tickets

Vallarta Plus has a station in Bucerias. ETN, which is a little nicer, has a station in Nuevo vallarta. Primera Plus has a station in Mezcales.

Buy ahead if you want, but it usually isn't necessary.

6. Re: Buying bus tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:23