We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortillas

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orcas Island, WA
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tortillas

Does anyone know of places to buy fresh tortillas in Bucerias? Anyone have a preference for a butcher shop?

Thanks.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortillas

Most of the little corner tiendas around town will have picnic coolers filled with fresh tortillas.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortillas

Tacatzo inside of the Drunken Duck will also sell fresh tortilla's. It is best to place your order the day beforehand so they prepare enough to sell you. They are closed on Mondays. I buy my meat from Mega as it is really good there now.

Have a great trip!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortillas

The minisupers all sell tortillas, like was said, they are in ice chests. Delivered daily, fresh made. Mega also makes fresh tortillas, as well as tortilla chips back near the deli area.

There are tortillerias around if you want them super fresh.

We also buy meat at Mega. I've been in several carnecerias, just a tad too yucky for me. Cutting and weighing different meats with the same knife, same scale. Lots of miscellaneous animal debris in some. I'm sure there are better ones, but we buy at Mega, Walmart, etc.

Edited: 21 March 2014, 00:18
Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortillas

Sorry, I forgt to answer the question about meat. I also buy my meat at places like Mega and WalMart. If you don't see the cuts you want in the refrigerated counters, the butchers will bring meat from the back room and cut it to your specifications.

Orcas Island, WA
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortillas

Thanks everyone. Very helpful!

6. Re: Tortillas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20