We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Hi Folks,

For those who've recently been there:

Do you need an adapter to plug things in inside your room?

I hear lots of suggestions regarding cups and drinks. Should we pack our own?

Waterbottles - are they easy to come by or if we want to take water with us when we're walking or on excursions would you recommend we pack our own refillable ones?

Are you still only able to sign up for a la cartes in a particular block at a particular time?

Would you recommend swim shoes for the beach?

For adventures: if we pre-book should we be concerned about finding out own transportation?

Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Plug ins are the same as in Canada/US. No adaptor needed. But an extension cord might come in handy.

Drinks are made in small plastic glasses. We were happy we brought thermal mugs that held more and kept drinks cool.

You get a bottle of water daily, no need to bring a refillable one. You can get more water at any of the bars.

It's still an early morning line up for reservations.

I didn't bother with swim shoes and had no problems. But you are safer from being stung with them on.

There are taxis right outside the resort, so no problems with transportation for your excursions.

Have fun! I'm going back in December for 2 weeks. So long to wait!

Edited: 06 May 2014, 00:17
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Great answers SnowyOwl. I would suggest you try to make it to the Piccolo (Italian) and Rodizios (Argentine) A la Cartes. You will NOT be disappointed with either one.

Have a great trip!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Thank you for the tips SnowyOwl2010 and Nayarit08 I really appreciate it!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Good answers to all questions.....PBC (Personal Beverage Container) is key. Doesn't have to be an obnoxious "Big Gulp" one...Just one of the double walled plastic glasses with the plastic straw will suffice. Straws are not provided so the included straw will get you all that margarita goodness!! I leave mine behind when I leave for those that didn't do their homework, but I ask them to do the same thing. I never book a la cartes but I do go for coffee in the AM and sit at the tables by the reservation counter near the Flamingo dining room. It doesn't seem that busy..Is the other reservation counter busier? Might be good advice to book at the Flamingo counter

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Thanks Al! Leave them behind? Is there a post i should be checking out?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

No..Haha!! I just like to give them to guests that don't have them. I just ask them to give them to someone else when they leave and so forth and so forth. Sure would be funny if I see my PBC's there next time I go!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

One more question for the group: Do you know what time the buffets open/running hours are for breakfast lunch and dinner?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Does our Resort provide us with transportation to the "Vallarta Tours" pick up locations?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

The resort does NOT provide transportation to any tours. Some tours will pick you up at the resort, but that is up to the tour itself and has nothing to do with the resort.

Have a great trip!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Decameron Amneties and other questions

Something like

Breakfast 7-10 10-11 (Continental)

Lunch 12:30-3

Dinner 6-9

I could be off a half hour hear or there