We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel decameron

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel decameron

Could someone tell me iif the rooms have tea and coffee makers, and a safe please

Also is it possible to get a bus to anywhere on a regular basis. Does the hotel supply beach towels.

Sorry to ask so many questions. we are two pensioners who would love to see the pacific side of Mexico and are thinking either decameron first or rui Vallarta and like to be able to walk places and travel on local buses. Many thanks in advance

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
341 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel decameron

No coffee or teapot of any sort of in room food prep, no fridge either. About a block from the resort by Oxo is a bus, to Puerta Vallarta or the other way to Salulita, can also rent mini van or cabs for your private driving tours and go where you want at a reasonable price, we've done this several times. Cab drivers negotiate price and even suggest places to go.

they do have beach towels, you'll get a ticket at check in.

Granted the rooms aren't fancy or high class, but neither is the price, everythings clean, taken care of, and people are friendly, as for weak drinks, ask for a double! We prefer to spend less for our stay and then venture out to eat and try local restaurants, not breaking the bank then, although the resort food has always been decent.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,270 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel decameron

You have stayed at Wow.. I would spend a little more and Pick a Riu..Jalisco or Vallarta.

RDC is Basic..basic. 3 star at Most. No in room fridge, Pay for in room safe.,NO shampoo,lotion,etc.etc.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel decameron

But.....if you like to venture out walking, the Decameron is a much better location.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel decameron

RDC is terrifric. Great location, many pools to choose from, and close to Bucerias centro to walk easily. The RUI's are in Nuevo Vallarta so you either would need to taxi OR take a LONG walk to Bucerias. All of our visitors who come down here stay at the RDC. A few have tried resorts in Nuevo and found they spent so much money on taxi's to go off the resort that they wouldn't go back.

Have a great trip!

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel decameron

At the moment the Rui is a bit cheaper but not enough to make a difference Which is the larger resort and are the safes reasonable to hie sorry for so many question and thanks for your help

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel decameron

Hire

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
902 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel decameron

We love the Decameron properties, and wouldn't "upgrade" to any rui with the possible exception of the Palace. If you look at the reviews, you'll see that people give much higher ratings to the decameron a (despite the basic accommodations) than the Riu (Riu Vallarta has a 67% approval rating, RDC 80%). Something I've learned (the hard way) is to ignore star ratings and go with approval ratings on TA instead!

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
902 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel decameron

The safe at the Decameron does cost extra! but works well. We are early risers and heavy coffee drinkers but were able to get outer "fix" without the machine in room. The resort is not huge. Several buildings, but all placed close enough together to make walking a breeze. Drinks, as I recall, were just "OK", too sweet for me, but then again I've rarely found AI drinks to my liking. The Decameron is certainly the "Fun" place to be, IMHO. It's directly on the beach, too, which is a must for us, and a short walk into the town of Bucerias.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel decameron

Rooms are basic, drinks are not high end (I bought wine and good Tequila from down the street and kept some in my room) food adequate (we eat out a couple of nights). But the location and grounds are magnificent.

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel decameron

Is it possible to get buses from the rui hotels. I think you can from the rdc