We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Bucerias

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
294 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Central Bucerias

When we were there in Jan., the town square was torn up. Have they finished the work or is it still a work in progress?

Victoria, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Bucerias

It appears things are progressing. Here's a link to Amigos de Bucerias update

amigosdebucerias.org/featured/…

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,346 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Bucerias

Fun to read this from Amigos. When we were there in June (after being there in February and seeing all the construction work, with it being hard to tell what it would look like when complete), all the concrete was done but there were planters that were full of soil and awaiting whatever would be planted in them.

In each case, we took pictures so --- even though slow (love the "someone opened a can of paint" comment), time passes and we can't wait to see it later this year.

Visiting PV for 30 years and Bucerias since 2000, I bet it will look beautiful and finished by high season. We've seen this pattern before. I bet loads of cans of paint and landscaping and whatever else was in the works will be fairly-complete by November.

Exciting for Bucerias!

great neck, Ny
Level Contributor
141 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Bucerias

Morning MarlySF, You seem to have your finger on the pulse in Bucerias. My wife and I vaca in PV(Romantic Zone, Conchas Chinas, Garza Blanca etc), twice a year, just to give you an idea. Although we visited Bucerias for a day we would like to stay for a week and get the real feeling for it. We like nice things so it's not so much the money. We want to be in a condo or hotel right on the beach in the center of everything if that is possible. One block away with a gorgeous ocean view would also do. Something in the nature of Vista Del Sol, La Palapa, Garza Blanca or villa. My kids are on their own so the idea of little ones all over is out of the question. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Bucerias

ny2pv. For condo rentals on the beach in Bucerias, check out vrbo.com. For some nice newer modern buildings, right on the beach, check out Punta Arena, Punta Plata, Azul, Diagonal Bay. These are all great location on the beach, walking distance to everything in town.

Edited to say: These all fill up pretty quickly, so don't delay.

Edited: 07 September 2014, 16:30
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,346 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Bucerias

Hi ny2pv,

Since you're on the PV forum, I know where you like to stay and I hope you enjoy staying in Bucerias. I appreciate the compliment but you're giving me more credit than deserved.

Alberta-traveler, right above, knows way more about the town than I do. I just visit it once or twice each trip (several times a year), so I'm like a "Bucerias tourist" coming up from PV.

Good advice up above, on various places and checking out vrbo. You won't find the resorts in Bucerias (other than Royal Decameron which you wouldn't want, based on your criteria) that you find in Puerto Vallarta. Nothing like Garza Blanca. You will find a lot of nice condos.

Since you've been there for a day, you know the beaches will be expansive and walkable (for miles) as opposed to the cove-like beaches where you usually stay.

I walked by Costa Azul while it was being built. It is new. Looks very nice. I'd stay there. Again, Alberta knows WAY more than I do about the various condos there --- living there for part of the year. I only visit each trip.

Good luck. I plan (next year) to also stay in Bucerias for a week or two, but at this point it's just frequent day trips.

Have fun and I totally agree with Alberta in that it's important to book soon, if you're going in high season. Bucerias is a very popular enclave, in high season, for travelers from the northern climates who often book a year in advance, and for long term.

United States
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central Bucerias

Based on your desire to be "in the heart" of everything I would suggest Punta Arena. Although it is true that all of the properties mentioned are within waling distance of town I would say that Diagonal is just too far from the town center with nothing much in the way of restaurants around it. Azul is very nice and we've been there but it is farther from the center of town in the other direction although there are restaurants in that area. Punta Arena should meet your expectations and then some.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central Bucerias

Diagonal is only a block from Mezzagiorno and the other beach restaurants. Also only a few minutes from town centre. You can walk Bucerias from one end by the RDC to the far north end by Bucerias Grand in about 30 minutes so nothing is too far away. You won't go wrong with any of the condo buildings mentioned.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central Bucerias

http://www.hotelsuitesnadia.com/bucerias/en/

If you want more of a hotel rather than condo, this is an option, just one street back from the beach.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
5,566 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Central Bucerias

How about Costa Dorada on the beach?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,346 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Central Bucerias

Hotel Nadia (removed from the beach, in town itself) and Costa Dorada (where Karen's Place is located) are nice places but I get the impression ny2pv and his wife are looking for something a little more upscale, based on where they've stayed in the past?

Costa Dorada might be on the beach but it's basic --- doesn't come close to Garza Blanca, and when I've been there (going to Karen's) there are a lot of kids there, and a very small pool.

Might I suggest that ny2pv (and his wife, who is also active on the Puerto Vallarta forum) start a new thread here on the Bucerias forum, as this one is about the new construction in the Bucerias plaza.

ny2pv and lopo --- You both may want to start your own thread here on the Bucerias forum to get additional advice for specifically what you're looking for in Bucerias. Good luck.