We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Tubbercurry to Dublin airport

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Travel Tubbercurry to Dublin airport

I have a 6:30a.m. flight out of Dublin and will be staying in Tubbercurry the night before- what is the best travel arrangements I can make(rail, car rental , bus, etc) between these two towns at the very early am time? Also any idea of costs? Thank you in advance for a response.

3 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,666 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Tubbercurry to Dublin airport

Madness...Total Madness.

6.30am flight = 3.30am airport arrival,

2 hour drive across = leave Tubber @ 1.am

not much of a night....get to a Dublin airport hotel the night before.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Tubbercurry to Dublin airport

I agree with Tony - you need to travel the day before and stay over at an airport hotel to check in on time for a 6.30am departure.

You can get from Tubbercurry to Dublin by bus or by a combination of bus and rail. By bus, you can travel into Sligo Town on a local Bus Eireann service and from there by Bus Eireann expressway to Dublin. The combined bus / rail option involves bus to Sligo and then train from Sligo to Dublin. Alternatively, you could take a taxi the 10 miles from Tubbercurry. Bus fare is about €20. Rail from Sligo to Dublin is about €22.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Tubbercurry to Dublin airport

Totally agree with the others in that you've not much option but to travel across the night before unless you get a taxi which will be mighty costly - try Bonanza Cabs in Tubber (Tel: 087 6463355 Intl: 00 353 87 6463355) and see if they'll take you? As Tony says you'll need to leave about 01:00 to make your flight if it's transatlantic, a little later if it's not...

Reply to: Travel Tubbercurry to Dublin airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tubbercurry