We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday

Rochester, New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday

My husband and I are planning to attend the Highland Games in Aberlour on August 2, 2014. The following day we would like to travel to Elgin and on to Edinburgh. We will not have a car. I don't believe there is any bus service in Elgin on Sunday. Do you know if there is a taxi we can take from Aberlour to Elgin? I believe it's a trip of about 18 miles. Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Scotland
Level Contributor
354 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday

Yes,there is a taxi Aberlour and one in Craigellachie and there are many in Elgin who will come out for you but maybe in the summer season there will be a Sunday bus service - there are buses in Elgin, just not coming in from Aberlour. Ask at your accomodation on the Saturday about the possibility of a bus or ask them to order a taxi for you.

Rochester, New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday

My husband and I have virtually the identical plans -- August 2 distillery tour, highland games. We'll be arriving from Portree on August 1. If there are no buses to Elgin, perhaps we can share a taxi. We hope to take a train that day from Elgin to Edinburgh. I'm just beginning my search for that leg of the trip.

North Scotland
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday

Mollie, it was yourself that started the thread, that's why your plans are the same :-)

Rochester, New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday

I was hoping no one noticed. I may be an idiot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday

I suggest that you take the Taxi to Keith rather than Elgin the journey will be shorter to there.

Keith is on the Elgin to Aberdeen line, you would have to change in Aberdeen for Edinburgh.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 09:39
Rochester, New York
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday

Thank you!!

Reply to: Travel from Aberlour to Elgin on a Sunday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aberlour