We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caleta de fuste

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
torres
2 posts
Save Topic
caleta de fuste

caleta de fuste is a good beach for kids? and the wind is strong?

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: caleta de fuste

hi torres, there are photo's of caletta on my profile! The wind is never that strong, it's nice and cooling, but diverts your attention from how hot it actually, so it's easy to burn!

west mids
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: caleta de fuste

Hello there, just read about your fue reviews and im just wondering a few things....were off on tuesday to a rental villa in calate de fuste. Its in the costa antigua region, on chipmunk mountain. Weve hired a car and were wondering what are the best ,and best value restaurants to visit please?We have 2 kids ages 9 and 13 too. Any further tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: caleta de fuste

Hi ebay mommy, unfortunately, where your villa is, is the hilliest part in caleta, (actually all the buildings up there are fairly new) so a car is quite essential for you!

Just down the road from you is the start of the complexes, a particularly good one, which will allow you the use of the facilities, swimming pool etc, is the Castillo Beach Park, in it you'll find the Mirador bar/restaurant, which serves good food throughout the day/night and is reasonably well priced.

In town, there is a good Chinese restaurant called the Slowboat and a fantastic Indian restaurant, the name escapes me at present, but you'll find it on the opposite side of the road to the main entrance of the Barcelo Fuerteventura hotel. There's a good portugese and a good mexican restaurant situated by where the saturday market is held (sorry I'm a bit vague, it's late and I'm tired)

If you want spanish food, there are two restaurants, La Fuente, near the puerto caleta complex and the other is situated behind the kings arms (under the castillo suites) and I think it's called the piscador, but don't quote me, give me a day or so and I'll come back to you with the names!

Practically any of the bar/restaurants will offer you good food, during the day try The windmill ( as you enter town, by the broncemar beach complex) the Blues bar, on the main drag, opposite this (in the alleyway) is Pierros music bar and directly opposite that is another small bar which does great breakfasts. Behind Pierro's is the Irish bar, which is quite good!

As you're staying in a villa I would assume you'll probably do a bit of self catering, so it's best to do all your shopping at the eurospar within the atlantico centre, you'll find it by going down the hill to the main road, turn right, follow for about three quarters of a mile and it will be on your left, between the elba carlotta hotel and the elba sara! It has an underground car park. It also has a cinema, ten pin bowling, banking facilities, bars, a subway type food outlet, a burger king (macdonalds is opposite the shopping mall) and a fantastic restaurant, set on it's own island at the rear of the mall.

In answer to your other post about the wind, fuerteventura is known as the windy island, it's not a strong wind, but a fairly constant gentle breeze, though I suspect it might be a little stronger where you're staying! You will actually appreciate the breeze as it gets so hot there! But ensure you constantly apply sun cream, because the wind actually makes you think it's not as hot as it actually is and you can fry EXTREMELY quickly, as many will testify!

There is a good waterpark at Coralejo, which is about 30kms north of Caleta (past the airport) and south of Caleta ( again about 30kms), within Costa Calma, you'll find Oasis park, a widlife type park, it's very good and does a good camel safari!

A good website to check out is www.sunnyfuerteventura.com on it you will find some good town maps to print off, as they show where the main hotels are located, for reference!

If you need an internet cafe, you'll find a good one located within the San Jorge/Antigua/Castillo suites complex, it's run by a very helpful scouser!

Wherever you go on the island you'll find a great beach, the one in caleta is man made, but good nontheless! Have a look on my profile and you'll find some photo's of Caleta.

I'll try to get the restaurant names to you as soon as possible, if you need any other info just notify me by the tripadvisor personal message system on the profiles, regards martyn

west mids
Level Contributor
133 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: caleta de fuste

Thank you ever so much for that information! The restaurants sound great, my kids will only eat the english food though. We have hired a car so thats a bonus! Do you know of any beaches that arent so well known but are amazing?

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: caleta de fuste

hi, your choice of english food will be unlimited, as 90% of bar restaurants will serve it, I don't think I've come across a bad one yet!

If you find the pathway which leads down from the windmill, to the beach (on the righthand side of town as you walk) the first restaurant on left was particularly good and well known for it's breakfasts, print yourself off the maps from that website, they'll be extremely useful!

As for beaches, as big as Caleta beach is it's always quiet! On the western side of the island (opposite side to you) the beaches are extremely rare, I think there is a good one by the wreck of the northern star, but it's really hard to get to! Literally, if you stop any where along the eastern coast you will find a beach, except around caleta as the coastline is mainly rocky, but head towards Jandia and you'll see lots of remote beaches, head towards Coralejo and you'll hit the sand dunes (don't go before 7am though as they have to plough the road clear of sand!) there are loads of remote parts amongst the dunes. Wherever you go along the eastern coast the beaches will be spectacular in some respect!

There's suposed to be a good section of beach in Caleta behind the elba carlotta/Atlantico area, but I didn't get chance to check it out!

I found the best local person to ask about the island, was the scouse lad in the internet cafe in the Antigua, he's a big mate of the guys who run the trike tours (same building) and goes to most of the places they do, but he's available to talk to whereas they aren't!

By the way, just down the road from you, as the complexes start, you should find the travellers rest cafe, very friendly and does good food, also just opposite there should be a colony of chipmunks to feed, the main colonies are in the rocks at the rear of the San Jorge!

regards Martyn

6. Re: caleta de fuste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Antigua