So we will be driving from Wanaka up to Mount Cook around 20th march and staying at Aoraki Court Motel. I have a few questions....
1) We assume 3 hours for the drive to Mt Cook, allowing some brief photo stops. Realistic, and any guidance on where to stop for photos?
2) We have a six month old baby who will want feeding on the way - recommend anywhere to stop?
3) best to do the journey early am, mid am or early pm?
4) I heard sunset can be special at mt cook if the weather is right. Where could we go view this and take some photos (bear in mind the need to take baby with us)
5) eating in the evenings / lunch - any recommendations or guidance?
6) we have a full day there and are finding it a bit tough trying to summarise our options for the day. Can anybody help? We like walking all though can't go for more than a few hours at a time due to baby.
7) temperature - any ideas what it might be?
8)leaving to get to the airport on the third day - we have to drop our car back and be on a flight at 4.55pm. I would really like to do the more scenic trip back (ie not use route1 the whole way) - what's a good way to go, where to stop, and what time to leave?