We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

Minsk, Belarus
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

Thanks God for TripAdvisor! How did people plan vacations before without the help of all the forum enthusiasts?!

Forums have helped me immensely to discover private, secluded, picturesque places in Turkey.

Now I'm looking for more...

We're flying in to Antalya. We know all about Cirali and Adrasan. But they're a little expensive for us. We need places that feel as small, rural and beautiful as they do, but maybe less expensive. Something as cheap and beautiful as Patara - but closer to the Antalya airport.

This is what I posted a year ago when I was initially looking for unspoilt Turkey:

"I'm planning a vacation in Turkey for 5 adults and 2 kids (3 and 2 years old). I can't stand the idea of a 800-room megaresort with crowds of screaming tourists. I dream of privacy and seclusion, something small and personal. What a dreamer, ha?

And all of this is further complicated by the fact that I dare to want:

- a beach within walking distance from hotel

- certain interaction with locals

- unspoiled nature with hiking trails, lagoons, bays, rivers

- places of cultural/historic interest to drive to in the vicinity"

Thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

Hi dmikra..

Welcome back to the fourms and I remember you from last year...sorry to dissappoint you but you will find nothing along the coast that is not already built up. Your only options near to Antalya are Cirali or Adrasan. Even east from Antalya it is the same thing..large built up resorts.

<<<<I can't stand the idea of a 800-room megaresort with crowds of screaming tourists. I dream of privacy and seclusion, something small and personal. What a dreamer, ha?<<<<

yes a dream...you want it all but you have said that Cirali and Adrasan are too expensive for you. In Cirali you pay the price in the preservation of the nature not to have those built up resorts like the nearby Kemer or Tekirova. And I would think that the prices in Patara are very similar to those in Cirali..

In regards to accommodations..there of course is the old story you get what you pay for..and in Cirali there is a wide range of accommodation from very basic with few or very limited ammenties to the absolute luxury..and of course there are various price ranges from the budget to high end.

prices in cirali seem to vary from about 30 euros per night for 2 persons B&B for the very simple and basic up to an over 200 euros per night.

average prices for a good hotel in Cirali would run about 50-75 euros per night for 2 persons B&B.. sharing a room..depending on the time of year ( low-season vs. high season ) as well as each individual hotels ammenties..ie..pool, TV, aircon, mini-bar fridge, Housekeeping, wifi etc etc..you also need to base a price / value to what is offered..it is impossible to compare a 30 euro per night establishment to a say 50 or 75 euro a night. Obviously they are more expensive for a reason and offer higher standards of quaility and service along with a wider range of ammenties.

- a beach within walking distance from hotel

- certain interaction with locals

- unspoiled nature with hiking trails, lagoons, bays, rivers

- places of cultural/

Thats Cirali in a nutshell !!!

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

Hoyran Wedre village has been recommended by member Jabrase. I haven,t been but certainly intend to in about 3 weeks.

Check out their link, the place looks so beautiful.

www.hoyran.com/index.php…

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

Hi AslansMum..looks like a very nice spot...and I too read the recommendation from the other member...from the website it looks like its up in the mountains and not near the sea ?? cant tell

www.hoyran.com/index.php…

a lovely looking place but might be a bit pricey for the OP as they were asking for budget accommodations..from the website rooms for 2 start at 80 euros - 150 euros per night....also many a bit too far from the Antalya airport..I would estimate around anywhere from 3-3.5 hour transfer from the antalya airport..knowing that Cirali is 90 minutes, Finike would be 2.5 hours..Demre is after Finike..so 3 or more hours..with small children I dont know if the OP would want to spend that much time in a transfer to get there.

After writting my original post I remembered there is a place near Tekirova called Sundance Nature Village..( but the accommodations there would not be my cup of tea ) a bit too basic for my tastes. Tekirova is about 15-20 minutes from Cirali located on the main highway just before Cirali.

www.sundancecamp.com/Accomodation/index.html

and looking at the price list..no cheaper than Cirali..if not more expensive for what you get..( prices are per person )

sundancecamp.com/Accomodation/…index.html

also the OP could consider staying in Olympos ( Cirali and Olympos share the same beach ) if they cannot find something in Cirali for their budget..but considering all accommodations in Olympos are farther from the beach than those of Cirali..the nearest is a 10 minute walk through the ruins of Olympos to get to the beach..

Also Olympos is well known as a backpakers hang out and would not be quiet..more the 18-25 yrs old crowd..and bars and discos..accommodations of tree houses and bungalows are tightly cramped into one area...so no peace an quiet would be found..except maybe for off season or the winter months.

In the summer strobe lights can be seen illuminating from the disco in Olympos

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

I doubt the transfer would take as long as 3 - 3.5 hours.

I do Antalya to Kas in just under 3 hours and Demre is 35 minutes before Kas.

I too am not sure whether it is inland but it does advertise beaches near by.

I,m trying to find the details of where a friend stayed recently near Demre in a villa. Right by the beach and close to ruins and great walks.

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

Found it!

Dmikra,

I,m not sure if a self catering villa would suit you but friends found this place fantastic.

http://www.hide-aways.com/

Always worth checking out as an option.

istanbul
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

If the suggestions you already have do not work out,

if you do not mind a longer transfer by bus"

consider Anamur, or a bit further, Aydincik.

Both are very unspoilt

they have very reasonably priced lodging

not too many foreign tourists

they have excellent antique sites. Anamur has a huge antique city with its own unspoilt beach. Excellent for a whole days sightseeing and a picnic.

Aydincik is a smaller town with an incredible mosaic of the port as it was long ago.

Both have mountains to hike.

Lots of coves, bays, etc.

Would be nice if you rented a Ford Transit or similar.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,809 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

I would agree Anamur would be a nice place but a long way ..

Antalya - Anamur, Turkey 261 km – about 4 hours 29 mins

Antalya airport to Demre, Turkey - 157 km – about 2 hours 52 mins

Antalya airport to Davazla, Turkey - 170 km – about 3 hours 5 mins

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

+/- 15 minutes depending on the driver and road traffic. The road after Finike to Kas is the slower portion of the trip. With single lane highway and curving around many corners.

However the roads from Antalya to Tekirova are all now 4 lane divided highway. I have driven from my home in Konyaalti to the Cirali junction in 40 minutes and then down into the village about 7 mintues. But I know the road very well..since they opened the new tunnels ( 3 of them ) going south from Antalya it has reduced the time it takes to get to the various resorts..also cut off 11 kms in drive time. But it is more windy or curvy on the way back. The most road traffic is from Antalya to Kemer and then after that it is fairly quiet.

another place that comes to mind is Andriake

www.google.com/images…

also other ideas could be Mavikent &Karaöz Koyu

www.google.com/images…

or Perhaps Finike.

If you are looking for villas...then plenty to look for in the towns of Beldibi, Kemer, Kuzdere, Beycik, Adrasan ( Cavus koyu ) etc.

Minsk, Belarus
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

I wanted to let you know I will be researching all your suggestions in the nearest several days and will let you know what I think. Thanks tons for all your help! Hopefully in a couple days we can continue this conversation with new vigor!

Minsk, Belarus
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

Hello, dear forum buddies!

Here are the results of the research suggested by you.

Overall, very few places are listed for the towns suggested. Several things listed for Kale (Demre), Anamur and Finike (waiting to hear from them, in addition to Sundance Nature Village and Hide-Aways). Nothing at all listed for Aydinicik, Andriake, Mavekent, and Karaoz Koyu.

Correct me if my approach is wrong: if I want to contact hotels/inns/apts at a certain location, I enter the name of that location in TripAdvisor, select accommodations and go down the list, typing the names of hotels in Google, trying to discover their website and their contact info. Is this the most complete approach? If it is, would you have any suggestions on how to contact owners at locations spared by TripAdvisor?

Also, should we consider less secluded, virgin-like places? Maybe there are places that aren't as preserved as Cirali, yet still not too developed? We'd consider a quiet picturesque town as long as it has few distractions like bars/discos allowing focus on the natural surroundings.

And on a separate note, just for you to really get the reason why I'm not choosing Cirali/Adrasan... A place like Patara is indeed less expensive - this is my experience of exchanging emails with owners both in Patara and Cirali... I won't talk specific numbers here not to open any cans of worms... I'll just say that I'd like to find something in the Patara price range closer to the Antalya airport.

Edited: 08 June 2010, 03:29
Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unspoilt, secluded, authentic place (transfer from Antalya)

Good luck with your research :-)

Just want to say, I doubt you will find anything listed separately for Andriake. This will be encompassed under Demre (Kale).

Going on the location and my knowledge of the area, I believe hide-aways to be closer to Andriake than Demre itself.

Get answers to your questions about Turkish Mediterranean...