We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Butterfly Valley

Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Butterfly Valley

From Oludeniz, is it better to take a boat ride to see the Butterfly Valley from the sea level or a drive to Faralya would be better to see the panoramic view? I probably wont have time to do any hiking.

birmingham
Level Contributor
494 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Butterfly Valley

Faralya and make sure you go to Kabak beach while your there much better than butterfly valley.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Butterfly Valley

Yes, the view from George House is beautiful, better than being in the Valley, though the view from the sea is very pretty too.

The drive to Faralya (Uzunyurt on the map!) is very scenic anyway.

Another very scenic drive and perhaps even nicer in to Gemiler Beach from Kayaköy with the view over Nicholas island.

This is Butterfly valley from above:

flickr.com/photos/villarhapsody/2523472939/

Gemiler beach with Nicholas island:

flickr.com/photos/villarhapsody/6393257993/

The mountain with the cloud is about where Faralya and Kabak is (but not that high!)

Good luck!

Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Butterfly Valley

Thanks guys for the info & beautiful pics!

Regarding the road to Uzunyurt, Google Map seem to list that an "unknown road":

http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=K%C4%B1d%C4%B1rak+Cd&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=36.520949,29.156513&sspn=0.077806,0.154324&geocode=FVq3LQIdfmS8AQ%3BFUzqLAIdj6S8AQ&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=13&t=m&z=13

So, I am wondering, if you guys can possibly give me bit more on the directions than what I get from Google Maps?

Is the road to Butterfly Valley well paved & safe?

How can I go to Kabak Beach?

Thx!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Butterfly Valley

The road to George house is good, just follow the road from Ölüdeniz in the direction of Lykia World, you will climb up, and it is all the way to Faralya a asphalt road. Only once in Faralya to George House it is a dust road, but we drove there without problem.

Going to Kabak is following that same road, there are no other options anyway. To the right would be into the Mediterranean Sea and to the left is up the mountain. Just follow, on and on, until you can't go any further (there is also the minibus stop), then to Kabak it seems to be a steep walk down for about 20 to 30 minutes.

Cheers!

Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Butterfly Valley

Thanks, I'd just like to confirm a few things then:

I think, I'll go up to George House. Seems like, I can follow Kıdırak Cd (to Lykia World) & continue on till George House to get a view like this:

flickr.com/photos/villarhapsody/2523472939/

- Is it just a few minutes drive on the dirt road?

- Are the signs well posted for George House?

- Can I just park my car there & walk around for the views? Are there more views south from here. Should I drive further down?

Thx!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Butterfly Valley

Never knew the name of the road, but Kıdrak Caddesi must be right as you pass by Kıdrak beach as well.

There has always been a small sign on the main road going to George House, that is to your right. The dirt road is very short, you pass just one or two other houses before you come to George House. İt is a backpackers lodge. You can so easy walk on their back yard, just walk all the way to the far end of his "garden". From his so called garden is also the starting point from the hike down to the Valley. This hike is very steep and not recommended!

We know the people, but İ have heard from our guests who went to have a look nobody bothered to ask them why they were there, they are just so used for strangers walking around. İn case you are hungry, it is a lovely place for a good and very cheap lunch.

All along that road you have great views, before you come to George House and after, not on Butterfly Valley though!

Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Butterfly Valley

Thanks so much, VillaRhapsody!

Maybe, I'll go there around lunch time :)

Edited: 15 April 2012, 16:07
Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Butterfly Valley

Just returned from Turkey. Did the Butterfly Valley & picked up lunch from George House. What a site!

Thx!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Butterfly Valley

Yes, İ agree, and you are here at the right time, nothing beats spring, and the area is still relatively quiet!

St. Albert, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Butterfly Valley

Is it worth stating at butterfly valley or just day trips