We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance next year

scotland
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Insurance next year

is about to change ( as per advice from TC travel agent)

They will be selling worldwide policy as opposed to the EU one sold now.

She said this is due to high medical costs in Turkey.

I am not sure how much more this will cost.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance next year

I have been looking for travel insurance that will insure me if my current one cancels my policy (long story) and my friend sent me details of Latitude travel insurance who are part of Holiday Extras.They still include Turkey as do many other companies including my current insurers Staysure and Insure and go.

I am sure TC sell. Axa insurance which is always more expensive than buying it direct from the company itself.

Its possible the TA is getting mixed up with Tunisia as I noticed than was no longer included in the European policy.

If I were you I would phone a few companies and buy you insurance from them rather than TC

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance next year

Liverpool Victoria cover Turkey as the EU and were very reasonable this year when I used them.

www.lv.com

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Insurance next year

I personally would not believe anything TC told me as 3 years ago we were booked to go away and after I emailed the hotel to ask for a specific room I was told they were closing half way through our holiday.

TC didnt know anything about this and argued that the hotel would be open and it was only when I insisted they phone their head office was it confirmed.

They are hoping people will buy Worldwide cover at extra cost which gives them more commission.

We were given the phone number of the company TC used and it was £9 for 1 weeks holiday as opposed to the £35 that TC would have charged if I had purchased it through them.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,076 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance next year

Phew..Thanks for the replies.

The lady in my local TC shop gave me this info on Friday

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance next year

Hardly anyone buys their travel insurance from the Travel agents these days as they are always a lot more expensive than buying from the companies direct.

They are not likely to sell any if they are telling folks to pay for Worldwide insurance for Turkey.

Over the last couple of years my insurance company have stopped including Egypt and Tunisia but still include Turkey as do many others.

6. Re: Travel Insurance next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 10:16