We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

Cairo, Egypt
5 posts
Save Topic
please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

Hello

I have been to istanbul before, but never been to other turkish cities, am planning to go in august. Can you recommend good beaches and places. Shall i go to kalkan, or kas or fethiya or antalya......or please let me know your personnal experience in visitung these places. Please note that i have a 2 years child

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

hi Sara,

it sounds like Cirali would be the perfect place for you to relax and inwind... Cirali is a small village located about 1 hours drive southwest from Antalya ( 1.5 hrs from the Antalya airport ) and boasts a beautiful secluded 4 km beach, the ruins of Olympos, the flames of the Chimeara, as well as a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta sea turtles.

No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. ..

also you can look at my photos for ideas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

It is not over crowded with 5 star hotels or loud bars etc. Just a nice place to have a quiet holiday.

If you want to see a place were time has stood still in Turkey and experience what Turkey used to be like about 15 to 20 yrs ago before the influx of all-inclusive and package holidays of the last decade, then Cirali is the place for this..

Cirali is a great little village, nice clean beach and a mix of sand and pebbles, ruins of Olympos and the flames of "Chimaera" the world''s oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame".

Cirali is centrally located between Antalya and Kas and you can travel farily easily to visit nearby historical areas.

In Cirali there are ..boat trips, snorkelling, long walks, day trips to nearby Kemer or Kumluca to visit local markets, biking, and of course relaxation...not to mention the historical ruins to explore..plenty to keep ones self busy for a week or two.

also have a read here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g311312-i9908-k6…

Cirali was mentioned recently in the "SUNDAY TİMES TRAVEL SECTİON" under an article called "Sail this way to my secret seaside - six more hush hush beaches."

The Sunday Times - Mar 02 01:05pm

Cirali was also mentioned recently in the Guardian Travel section..listing it as #5 of the top 10 crowd-free beaches, from hidden bays to pristine secluded coves..

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…index.html

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…cirali.html

http://turkishtravelblog.com/cirali/

Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

Hi canmom that sounds a perfect place to visit. I'm going to bodrum in June and I'm looking now for July/aug. can you recommend any hotels in the place you suggested thanks

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

Another shout for Cirali,Truely wonderful place and we are plotting our return..

Some really good restaurants in both the village and down by the sea..

Have a look at the reviews of the hotels/panysions and I'm sure you'll pick somewhere that will suit your needs..

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,120 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

sara a, welcome to Turkey.

If you want to go to a place, totally unspoilt, at the Med coast, I recommend the wonderful Adrasan for you. Have a look: "http://tinyurl.com/cdwokoz". Adrasan is a true paradise on earth. It has beautiful unspoilt beaches and e very stunning scenery. Here are the hotels of Adrasan: "tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1057714-Adrasan_Turk…". These are wonderful botique hotels that will give you all the comforts of a beach vacation in a family atmosphere. Here is Adrasan, located on the map: "http://goo.gl/maps/KYrgD". I visit this lovely village many times every year and enjoy the beach, sun and the great seafood dinners there. This place is much closer to Antalya than Kalkan, and there are buses for transfers. You can take the Bati Antalya Tur, Cicek Tur or Kumluca Seyahat minibus companies from Antalya Otogar to the Adrasan junction on the main highway. Afterwards you can take a taxi or a dolmush to Adrasan. A prebooked private transfer from the airport to your hotel is highly recommended though. You must consider Adrasan together with Kalkan and Fethiye.

good luck,

enigma...

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

Well, as you mention city Sara, and with that some good option for a variety of food and shopping and beaches in the close area Fethiye would be a good choice. The fishmarket is unique and so far has not been copied yet, there are lots of choices for day trips, you are close to so many interesting sites. Beaches are commercial (Ölüdeniz or Calis) or there are plenty of more secluded bays where you can enjoy nature, sun and sea.

Shopping is good in and around Paspatur, on the Tuesday market and on the daily market. Fethiye is a town with really a lot of charm and not for nothing is was a more secluded beach that was chosen for a location in the latest James Bond movie.

İ never did regret the day that İ choose this area for my 3rd holiday to Turkey. İn the menatime İ live here for 11 years :-)

Good luck!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

hi Katrina M,

Cirali is a truely unique village not only with a stunning beach, specatular scenery, history of the ruins and the mystical flames of the chimaera..and the preservation of the local sea turtles..however if is totally different to any of the other resorts..very laid back vibe and not for those looking for nightlife.

Perhaps if you are looking for something with more activity as you mention Bodrum..you night want to look at Fethiye, Dalyan or Side

as for Cirali have a read in the review section for more ideas

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g311312-Cirali_Turk…

Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

Canmom hi again. No we are defentaly not into nightlife intact we are usually in bed by 9pm! So as the guys try to pull us into pubs and bars they have a good old laugh when we say we off to bed...we go to turkey three times a year to different resorts but after our trip to bodrum in June we have now decided to go to a rural less commercial part as we've seen all that. We well more I want to absorb the tradional culture side of these amazing people. Relish in the history and architecture. Nature and the environment of a more purer simple way of life. Myself and my husband compromise when we take holidays as we have different interest so bodrum and shops is his and its looking like cirali is mine at least we agree on the same country...

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
952 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

I'm going to Adrasan on the 3rd June :-) Really looking forward to it.We are staying in the Arikandar river hotel , it looks very relaxing..

9. Re: please recomnend a nice turkish city/ beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 07:17