We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on choice of resort please?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
150 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on choice of resort please?

Myself and my partner are thinking of Turkey in the last week in April. We are looking for somewhere with a more traditional feel than a big resort. We do a bit of sea/sun but also enjoy sightseeing during the day and good, local restaurants at night. We are not looking for busy nightlife or clubs but we do like somewhere with choice of bars. I realise it is early so wondering if many resorts will be quiet? Any advice much appreciated!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

Cirali is a small, quiet place with small pensions and hotels. Here you can relax.. It boasts a beautiful secluded 4 km beach, the ruins of Olympos, the flames of the Chimeara, as well as a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta sea turtles. It is not over crowded with 5 star hotels or loud bars etc. Just a nice place to have a quiet holiday. also have a read here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g311312-i9908-k6…

Cirali was mentioned in the "SUNDAY TİMES TRAVEL SECTİON" under an article called "Sail this way to my secret seaside - six more hush hush beaches."

The Sunday Times - Mar 02, 2013

http://turkishtravelblog.com/cirali/

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

There are lots of small traditional resorts so you have a good choice.

You could look at Ortakent, Gundogan, Gumusluk or Torba on the Bodrum Peninsula, Turunc, Dalyan or Akyaka around the Dalaman area and Kas, Kalkan, Patara and Cirali in the Antalya region.

Last week of April will be quiet as some places don't start opening up until the beginning of May but you should still be able to find enough to do. Actually if you are going in April some of the normally busy resorts will be fairly quiet and laid back too.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
150 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

Thank you. I will check this out - sounds fantastic! Will weather be pleasant at end of April?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

Yes, end of April is lovely and warm, although it is still a bit chilly at night.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
150 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

Thank you. Really like the sound of Kalkan and Kas. Cirali sounds fab but wonder if it would be too quiet at that time.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

The weather will probably most likely be around 20 to around 25C..but of course no one can predict the weather patterns..

Evenings can be cooler so maybe a light sweather / light jacket or long pants advisable at night. April for the most part very pleasant...great for sightseeing and avoiding the high summer temperatures. Expect nice days but cooler nights but a chance of rain..

The month of April is characterized by rising daily high temperatures, with daily highs increasing from 21°C to 24°C over the course of the month, exceeding 27°C or dropping below 18°C only one day in ten.

>

> Daily low temperatures range from 10C to 13°C, falling below 9°C or exceeding 16°C only one day in ten

>

> here were the weather temps for last year mid april

>

> accuweather.com/tr/…

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

I'd choose Bodrum at that time of year. I've been to Bodrum at the end of April for the last two years and it's always been great. The weather has been consistently warm and sunny, although not warm enough to swim (my Mum had a go but didn't last long!) and you'll need a cardigan or pashmina in the evening. There's lots of sightseeing to do, including the wonderful Bodrum Castle, which is also a museum. Bodrum is known for its nightlife, but at that time of year it's quiet. There are plenty of stylish bars where you can sit and have a cocktail while watching the sunset.

If you stay in Bodrum Town you can easily get around the peninsula to visit other areas such as Bitez.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

there is a difference between the aegean sea and mediterranean with the later beening slightly warmer in the month of April. The beaches east of the province of Antalya are significantly warmer than all the others.

www.climateandweather.com/weather-in-turkey

perth
Level Contributor
96 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

What's the weather like in Torba in April?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice on choice of resort please?

Usually warm, about mid 20s but chilly at night.

Get answers to your questions about Turkish Mediterranean...