We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive recommendation

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
All inclusive recommendation

Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for an all inclusive resort and hotel for a family holiday for Myself, my wife and two daughters aged 4 & 1

We went to Dalyan before our children were born, which we loved. So would like somewhere similar in terms of size and not being over commercialized.

We have been to first choice holiday villages for the past few years, in Tenerife and Portugal. Whilst we enjoyed them, we felt they had a 'Brits Abroad' feel at times. Which we would like to get away from this time

The other issue I have is when to go, my youngest daughter will be 2 in early June. So we're thinking of possibly going in mid May, so that we don't have to pay for her. But I'm unsure whether the weather will be reliable enough to be able to sunbath and swim without the pools being too cold. And whether the resorts will be 'up and running' by then.

If it's too borderline, we would just go later on in June instead

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
651 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive recommendation

Hi Big

have a look at the Delphin Diva in Lara beach

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,250 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive recommendation

Hi Big J

May would be a lovely time to go, we went last year from the 6th may until the 20th and we had lovely weather with one bad day and a couple of evenings it did rain late evening !

We had entertainment outdoors most evening and maybe a light cardigan was needed a few evenings.

I would look at the Barut Lara as there is loads of open space for children there. There is a graduated pool for little ones and a small pool.It does not have an holiday club feel to it .They are creating new kids facilities during the current renovation. It re-opens late March. It has a very good All inclusive package .

Another worth looking at is the Royal holiday Palace !

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive recommendation

<<<We went to Dalyan before our children were born, which we loved. So would like somewhere similar in terms of size and not being over commercialized.<<<<

hi BigJ,

you should look at Cirali as you will find it somewhat similar to Dalyan however smaller and less commercialized.Cirali tends to draw more families and mature toursits...the hotels and pensions are anywhere from 150m - 750 meters from the beach. All within a 5-10 minute walk.

Also the famous '' Chimaera '' burning mountain is located in the north end of the Cirali village...

This is the Chimaera or Yanartaş as it is know in Turkish .....Yanartaş - The mystical flames at the Chimaera. The Chimaera, a series of flames issuing out of cracks in the bare hillside, is one of the most unusual sites in the whole of Lycia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanarta%c5%9f

You won't find Cirali like any of the places normally mentioned in this forum. No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Just nice family own hotels and pansiyons. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers.

But Cirali may not be for everyone as it does not have the waterparks, horseback riding, parasailing etc etc but it is close to the town of Kemer that has many of these types of activities. You can rent a jeep, quad bikes, bikes etc to explore the nature and there are even some organized tours available as well but not to the grand scale that they are in other places...also since your children are small I cant see you partaking in some high energy sport activities

Cirali ( Çıralı ) is a very lovely and unspoilt area...with Olimpos Roman ruins scattered in a pine forest, a secluded 4km non-touristy beach, fertile fields, and the Chimaera, the world's oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame". Also a natural nesting-ground for carretta carretta (loggerhead turtles).

check out these photos here; http://tinyurl.com/mo7fr6r

Cirali has a very international clientele.

If it has to be a large 5 star all inclusive hotel then there are plenty in the strip hotels on Lara beach, Kundu , Bekek, and you could also look at the resort of Side.

the weather in May will most likely be around 30 C..I would go in May and it will be lovely

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive recommendation

Hi Big J,

Late May is a good time for a beach holiday on the Med coast in Turkey. We spent our holidays at Ela Quality in Belek for the last five summers. We also liked Cornelia Diamond where we stayed only once. Ela is a very good AI resort and our son (he is 7 now) loves there so much that's why we keep returning there every summer. I've heard Voyage and Barut Lara are also very good resorts. This year we will be giving a try to one of those two.

Happy planning,

Borus

5. Re: All inclusive recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:19