We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westport to Donegal

Iowa
Level Contributor
82 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Westport to Donegal

Driving from Westport to Donegal what will we be passing/ good places to stop and look around? Should we eat before we go or where are good places to stop for a bite to eat?

usa
Level Contributor
150 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westport to Donegal

Hello,

We just did the reverse drive from Donegal town to Westport 2 weeks ago and there is plenty to see along the way. My husband was playing golf at Rosses Point in Sligo, so my children and I explored the area for a few hours. We stopped at Carrowmore Tombs (megalithic cemetery)outside of Sligo Town .... very fascinating ...and then had lunch at the Yeats Country Hotel in Rosses Point (also outside of Sligo Town). After lunch, we let the kids run on the beach at Rosses Point for an hour and continued on our journey toward Westport. About 30-45 minutes outside of Westport, we stopped at the Knock Shrine and thought it was very interesting and unfortunately, fairly touristy at the same time.

Enjoy your trip!

2. Re: Westport to Donegal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 07:21