We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gold Coast in November

Sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gold Coast in November

We have booked flights to the Gold Coast for 14-18th November and have just realised we may hit the beginning of Schoolies Week! Any advice on where to stay to avoid the party scene?

We were hoping to visit a couple of the funparks on the Thurs/Fri and then explore the beaches/hinterland on the weekend. Hiring a car.

Cheers!

melbourne
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gold Coast in November

Local schoolies from the 17th, other states come a little later so you should be ok. Don't do the funparks on a weekend. Make sure you check out all the local free tourist magazines for specials, including car hire. Watch out for excess km charges and overly large excess payments if you have a crash - read the policy ! Insurance may be worthwhile, albeit expensive.

Oz
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gold Coast in November

Broadbeach is more of a family - friendly destination opposed to Surfer Paradise during this time. Although there are a couple of nightclubs in the mall I think most of the night club action takes place in Surfers. The weather will be absolutely beautiful and the funparks, beach and hinterland activities will out way the inconvenience of 'youthful yaahoos!'

Enjoy your stay.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gold Coast in November

Hi Rachkiwi,

Schoolies is Surfers is huge and there are a lot of young people and noise. I agree that you either stay at Broadbeach or another option is Burleigh. Burleigh is a lot more laid back and has some of the most beautiful beaches on the coast. There are also some great resorts you can stay at.

With theme parks, go there during the week. Otherwise you will be waiting for up to 40mins to go on a ride. November is beautiful weather so i also recommend that you go the waterparks. You can get specials combination tickets for Dreamworld and White Water World or for Movieworld, Seaworld and Wet n Wild. All theme parks are great check out their websites to see what one suits best.

Beaches and hinterland will be beautiful too!

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Emily xx

Sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gold Coast in November

Thanks to all of you - very helpful! :-)

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
53 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gold Coast in November

I too am going to be in Surfers Paradise the weekend of 24-26 November, and have just realised we will have to do the theme parks in the weekend.

But we will also have the Monday, which of the theme parks is the busiest and best saved for the quieter day of Monday.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gold Coast in November

Hi, you will be there on the last weekend of Schoolies and I would guess that all of the Theme Parks will be pretty busy that Weekend.

It will just be pot luck as far as which one to go and see on the Monday.

Good Luck in Surfers. lol : )

7. Re: Gold Coast in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach
Recent Conversations