We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Pacific Apartments

New Zealand
Level Contributor
369 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Pacific Apartments

Hi again

We have decided to stay in Broadbeach and had pretty much decided to stay at the Talisman Apartments but to put a spanner in the works, we have been offered a pretty great rate at the new Ocean Pacific Apartments.

I am very tempted as it would be lovely to stay in a brand new complex which doesn't happen very often. I have looked on a map website and can see there is only a park between the apartments and the beach so nothing in the way of the beach for the view.

There looks to be three roads around these apartments, are they busy? Would you hear traffic noise all day long when on your balcony or by the pool?

The beach doesn't look too far away to walk to from these apartments but had really planned on staying beach front for the unobstructed view so close, the sound of the ocean and just walking across the road to the beach.

Even though its not situated exactly where we were wanting, when the price is really good and the property brand new, its very tempting. Love to hear from people who know the area. Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

The roads around the Oceana aren't busy thoroughfares - they a used more by local traffic, so you will not be affected by traffic noise, I'm sure. The Gold Coast Highway is the main road which does have the bulk of the traffic. You can't get much more beachfront than where you will be - really in front of the buildings there is just the road, and then a vegetated area which is to protect the beaches from being washed away in severe storms. You will find this along most of the coastline. And if you happen to be on a high floor, there is no way your view will be obstructed - even on a low floor, you would be unlucky to have any obstruction. If they are giving you a good deal, I'm sure you will be totally happy. As mentioned it is a bit further from the restaurants and shops - but not that far that it will make much of a difference. Half your luck... it's my favourite destination in Australia.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
369 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

Thanks for that info Gblyn but I was actually wanting info on the new Ocean Pacific Apartments. Cheers

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

Hi Kiwi,

The OP is only a short 200 metres walk to the beach. And there is only a school oval and a park between you and the beach.Its really not that far.

You will get some traffic noise, but you are not right on the main road and all balconies face towards the ocean.

I really like both properties so its hard to recommend one above the other. Maybe I would go OP, just because its brand new and offering you a good deal. But honestly both are good.

I inspected one of the units there last week and its going to be great when finished.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
369 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

Thanks for that Beach8um. You mentioned you had a look around the apartments. Can you tell me please

1. Are the balconies a good size?

2. What are the views are like from the apartments?

3. What is the pool area like as there are no photo's on the website yet?

Its nice to get feedback from someone who has had a look around. Cheers

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

Hi Kiwi,

The balconies are quite large. At least several metres long and a couple of metres wide. Heaps big enough for a "group" of people - if you know what I mean. All east facing towards the ocean and over the pool area.

Great un-interupted views across a primary school oval to the park/ocean. Ask for a higher floor than say 5...

Very nice pool, spa and kiddies shallow pool.

Big/long enough to do some lazy laps.

Didn't see the gym or sauna.

The unit I saw was beautifully furnished, well lit and modern.

You will love it. I would stay there easy.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
369 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

Thanks for that info Beach8um, you have been really helpful. Sounds great. I would still prefer beachfront, but to pay more for it and get an older place to boot, doesn't make sense. Its nice to have the opportunity to try somewhere new for a fantastic price, so we would be silly not to make the most of it. I'm sure we will be very happy. We will be one of the first to try it and will post a review after. Thanks again.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

If you have any further queries - you know where to find me.

I'll be looking forward to your review, because as you say, you will probably be the first one!!

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

If you haven't already, be sure to book into Draculas Restaurant for a night out. Its within an easy walk from your accomodation and its a great night out.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17748-Attracti…

9. Re: Ocean Pacific Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach
Recent Conversations