We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Hi there,

I'll be landing in Brisbane airport around 12.40am, and am wondering if there are any trains/shuttle services to Broadbeach at that hour?

I'm a single woman traveling and I'm also concerned if it's safe to travel that late in the night, or should I wait till day light to get to my hotel?

Obviously, I'm aware there are limousine/taxi services... but I'm going to avoid that due to cost considerations and stick to public transport where possible.

Would appreciate any advice and recommendations. Thank you!

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Looks like you'll be waiting at the airport till 6am then. The first airtrain service will leave the International terminal at this time. Hopefully you'll be able to find a comfy seat at the airport.

Either that or get a quote from Coachtrans for the transfer

http://www.coachtrans.com.au/

Oscar

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

As mentioned above, Brisbane is dead by night transport wise. It's fairly safe for a solo female traveller, but there are no services. Easiest just to wait or enquire about Gold Coast airport transfers.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
30 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Sounds like your flying Emirates, I agree with "oscarpebbles" find a comfortable chair and wait a few hours and get the train. I would check with coachtrans but have found them to be a bit exxy.

Travelling around the Gold Coast is pretty safe, just take the usual precautions.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Many thanks for the advice..!

I was looking for suitable transportation but unfortunately... could only find Coachtran operating at that time, hence, I've gone ahead and booked them for the one way trip... and Airtrain Connect for the return part of the trip to the airport.

Just to clarify for future info, when you say take the train, do you mean taking the Airtrain? I was looking at their prices (Airtrain, not Airtrain connect) and they were nearly $30 to Broadbeach one way, which doesn't count for much savings since it only delivers me to Nerang station... I will still have to pay for a bus/taxi to get to Meriton.

Are there any other train options (is there a website I could book?)...

Many thanks!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Hi,

I came in on that Emirates flight last Wednesday and unfortunately unless you are willing to pay the exorbitant prices for a taxi or private transfer - coachtrans is what's available, or wait for the first train. There really are no safety issues at the airport (police and security staff in abundance) and same with Coachtrans.

My only complaint with Coachtrans was that I arrived at their desk at 1.10am - and the "Gold Coast" bus eventually left the airport at 3.05am (due to the next flight into the airport being delayed??) and firstly dropped off several passengers in Brisbane city - I didn't get home until nearly 4.45pm which is quite ridiculous. Just thought I'd inform you of how they work in case you are expecting a swift transfer to your GC accommodation (then again you might be lucky). I had similar issues with them last year so I know its not a one-off.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Hi Nessie,

Thanks so much for letting me know... It's really going to be the first time I'm landing at such an odd hour... and unfortunately, I won't even be able to check in when I arrive at Meriton till 2pm or so (if I'm lucky, at noon).

I just wonder if anyone else can tell me whether there are any other train options other than Airtrain, which charges £30 one way to Nerang, and afterwards, I still have to get a taxi or Surfside bus to Meriton - which would amount to more or less the same cost as taking Coachtrans at that hour.

It's a shame about the time Coachtrans is leaving so late (they are supposed to leave at 2.15am, aren't they?!) coz a few more hours, one can probably take Airtrain Connect which might be a more interesting journey.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

To my knowledge there are no other train options. If you opt to wait for the airtrain - you will at least get to see your surroundings in daylight - that's if you manage to stay awake during the journey :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Unfortunately, I need to be well rested on the day I arrive as I'm attending a conference the following day. Given that my arrival is at such odd hours in the 'morning'... I guess Coachtrans is the best option for me. :-/

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

So you cant get into the Meriton until at least noon,why not just get a taxi to a hotel close to the airport, have a sleep and head off after lunch.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisbane Airport to Broadbeach at 1am

Surfoz... well, for cost control reasons! I'm gonna be on a backpacker shoestring budget ...! :P How else am I going to afford my week in Cairns rafting, diving, going to Daintree, etc..? ;) So, yes... a little 'discomfort' is to be expected when budget is tight... After all, I will have to pay for transportation to Meriton, whether it is 3am in the morning or 7am when Airtran is running. Doesn't make a difference as long as I get there - perhaps, Meriton's lobby will be more comfortable to lounge than the airport! ;)

Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach
Recent Conversations