We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Pool

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best Pool

I am travelling to the gold coast, Broadbeach, this November. My husband will be at a conference and I would like to laze in the sun at a nice pool. Which hotel has a good pool, with lots of sun, and sunbeds? So many hotel pools are now placed in the shade or you have to fight for a bed beside the pool in the sun?

Thanks, I would appreciate any info,

Linda

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Pool

I just finished my stay at Meriton Broadbeach today!

They have a gorgeous outdoor pool that is ALWAYS in the sun, right next to a spa as well. In my entire stay there of 7 days, it never had a single person in it even though it has been nice and sunny. They also have an indoor heated pool with a spa alongside it as well.

There is a well sized "garden" area with deck chairs as well, as does the pool. I'd highly recommend Meriton Broadbeach.

Mentioned in this post
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
9,204 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Pool

If you're going to book the Meriton Broadbeach, make sure to look at this thread before booking: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255337-i929-k4811… as it advises of a discount for stays up until the 30th November, but you have to book by the 18th September 2011.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time on the Gold Coast! :)

Edited: 15 September 2011, 11:36
Mentioned in this post
9,204 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Pool

I agree with Meriton, have a look also at Sofitel.

Mentioned in this post
9,204 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,747 posts
1,764 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Pool

Hi,

The only problem with the Meriton pool is that its small. When we stayed ( Jan) the pool was always crowded & you did have to fight for a deck chair. However; its a nice pool. The other mentioned by surfoz is the Sofitel its rather nice & in the sunshine.

I just booked the Meriton again for Jan & got a fab deal through the hotel -(not online) you need to ring them. I booked a few rooms due to business & I got a oceanfront one bedroom apartment for $110.00 which is excellent. I also booked a 3 bedroom & 2 two Beds & there were equally good value.

Mentioned in this post
9,204 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Pool

Jupiters Hotel

Peppers Broadbeach

The Wave

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
The Wave Resort
The Wave Resort
456 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
6. Re: Best Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 15:18