We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - 6year old's first overseas holiday

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Help - 6year old's first overseas holiday

Hi,

We are planning a trip to the Gold Coast revolving entirely around our 6 year old. Basically he's had a very scary year because of the quakes and we've recently moved out of red-zone and he has had to start at a new school. So this is a special treat for his birthday.

Thanks to all the information already on these forums, I'm pretty sure that our little runt will be better off at Dreamworld where there is more to do for the shorties. But other than this I am stumped as to what else to do.

He doesn't travel too well so trips longer than an hour or two are probably out. He loves parks and mini golf and active stuff. Not particularly an 'animal lover'. So any suggestions greatly appreciated.

We're on quite a budget with the financial hassles of the quake so we'll probably be staying somewhere budget at Broadbeach and are unlikely to be hiring a car. But if it is something amazing, will totally consider a hire for a day or two. I just want him to have the best trip ever and make it a closure event.

PS: Any budget accommodation tips also greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Taz

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,803 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help - 6year old's first overseas holiday

Tas,

GD hates the beach and only for one reason ..sand..it's awful stuff..only way she beached for a very long time was Lennox and the promise of Ti Tree Lake after LOL it was often dip the toe in the surf then run full tilt over the hill.."I;ve been to the stupid beach now,,,are you happy?" Even now as a diver she won't do shore dive no matter how good,,,ooh there''s sand

"

if he likes water then i don't think u can go past wet n wild...lots to do and age appropriate.. this would actually be my pick of theme parks and usually gentle on the budget

In terms of accom (not a personal rec) Ashmore palms was ideal Friends have kids who are not beachy either

Edited: 19 February 2012, 08:51
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help - 6year old's first overseas holiday

I like White Water World for little people over wet n wild .....WWW has a nikelodeon section which kept my neice and nephew amused for hours , they also have the characters from Nickelodeon do appearance throughout the day ..... It also kept my big kids amused , while they amused the little kids LOL

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,803 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help - 6year old's first overseas holiday

Haven't dome WWW..GD is now past anything that doesn't involve tanks or a"hunky" life saver.. i think lifesavers are worth the sandrifice :)

Perth, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Help - 6year old's first overseas holiday

I've got a GC trip coming up, and am planning on going to Pancakes in Paradise. Prices seem OK, and it's themed to hot ait balloons.

15. Re: Help - 6year old's first overseas holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach
Recent Conversations