We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peppers or Meriton....is peppers really worth the extra $$$?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,833 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Peppers or Meriton....is peppers really worth the extra $$$?

Been deciding between both for 4 nights.

They seem on par on many levels, with Peppers offering a few other things, which quite frankly in 4 days we wont use

I cant seem to find a price for peppers for a 2 bed for less that $290 per night. Meriton is much much cheaper than that!!

The main thing really is the pol....doesnt need to be big, ( i wont swim) but I love to lay in the full sun for a few hours, and the Peppers pool does look amazing. Ive heard Meriton is small (no matter) but is it in full sun during the day and are the loungers comfy and enough?

Thoughts please

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peppers or Meriton....is peppers really worth the extra $$$?

Its difficult to comment on value for money without knowing how much your quote for Meriton is and without viewing the rooms you will eventually be given.

However, I can say both are very high quality buildings with excellent facilities.

That said, The Orcale building is of such a high standard that it is difficult to for any buildings to match.

Some other considerations for you:

The Oracle is marginally closer to the beach. Better pool area and I would say in a sunnier position. Closer to shops and restaurants.

The Meriton does have a heated indoor pool.

The Oracle is massive and a true 5 star facility. Meriton Broadbeach is 4.

Both are very good so I guess it comes down to how much more you are willing to pay for all those conveniences.

2. Re: Peppers or Meriton....is peppers really worth the extra $$$?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach