We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

I am looking for a holiday apartment that is accessible to both Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise, preferably beach front (but okay if not), family friendly, swimming pool and not on a main road.

We are staying from April 1 to 8 in 2013 (school holidays) and do not want to pay more than $200 per night.

Any ideas?????

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Surfers Paradise
Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

Something around Marakesh or Bairritz would suit you - they are central between surfers and broadie. Try something along old burleigh road or surf parade. Both are good options, not beach front, but less than 1 min walk to beach from both.

Breakers and breakers north are both on the beach front - but are older options.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

Thank you for your reply. Your recommendations sound promising.

Peter

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

Leo grande on old burleigh road is excellent location between bth surfers and cental Broadbeach and is beachfront . Not sure on current prices but stayed there 5 years ago and prices where not extremely high but on the higher end of moderate

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

Sorry that's Le Grande !! Also it's to high rise it's about 4 floors so I consider it aly family friendly ! Plus for memory there was a park out the front if it's still there ??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

Thankyou blondelinda.

We have looked at Le Grande but it is not worth the money they are asking.

Peter

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
236 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

I agree Peter. We stayed in the garden view unit at Le Grande during Australian day 2011 school holidays long weekend. They are much closer to Broadie. I prefer Marakesh (and meriton). Early April might have a couple of cooler days - are you contemplating an indoor heated pool for the kids?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,733 posts
1,753 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

We have stayed at Le Grande numerous times & have always enjoyed our stay. However; we did have the 3 bed rooftop apartment which was enormous so I cannot comment on the other apartments in the building.

The Le Grande is definetly "Low Rise" compared to others in Broadbeach.

I also suggest you look at the Meriton Apartments at Broadbeach. Although NOT on the beachfront & its a high rise - it offers fab deals for families. Just make sure you ask for a 1 or 2 bed apartment facing the oceanfront. See reviews below with pics.- (tip: ring hotel for the best deals).

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g658842-d120…

Mentioned in this post
Broadbeach
Broadbeach
Gold Coast, Australia
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
9,184 Reviews
Broadbeach, Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

My 7 year old son is really keen on a heated pool whether indoors or outdoors. So this is a must.

Also not keen on being near the Gold Coast Highway.

Peter

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

Hi Mate

Check out the Biarritz Apartment Building.

Should fit your criteria and budget.

1/2 way btwn Surfers and Broadie. Heated Pool. Good Location and across from the beach.

10. Re: Surfers Paradise/Broadbeach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 05:18