We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one??

kl
8 posts
Save Topic
Which one??

Hi,

We (3A + 2C) will b visiting GC from the 4/11 - 9/11. We r looking 4 a place that is very near to restaurants etc, as my mum has a knee problem n can, walk much. After doing my research, narrowed it down to : Peppers, Meriton or Air on Broadbeach.

But Peppers 2B Premium in tower 1 fully booked, n they can only offer me Tower 2. is it still worth it? Or should i look else where?

Would appreciate some help.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,237 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one??

Of the choices you've listed, Peppers is the standout for product and service. Meriton is newer, noteworthy but simpler operation.

If the pricing is similar, between the three, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to take Peppers.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
5,996 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one??

Agree totally with KVE. Air is the closest to the beach but is the oldest building of the 3. Meriton is good but furthest from the beach. It does have an indoor pool which is nice. The Air pool can be cold if the weather is unkind to you. Peppers at Broadbeach is the standout. Fantastic building with wonderful facilities. I'm thinking though that it would be quite a bit dearer? If not, jump at it.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one??

While I am a huge fan of Meriton (and if Peppers is unavailable, I'd certainly go for them), I do think Peppers is a good first option. Plenty of restaurants around, so, nothing to worry about there!

kl
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which one??

Thank you all for the replies. What about Sea Temple on Suffers? Just came across it, n it looks nice. But could u advise about the location???

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,237 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which one??

Sea Temple is a lovely property and very well managed by a youthful team.

The product and service is definitely noteworthy, however when comparing hotels/apartments, everything has to be taken into consideration, including location. If you were to put the Sea Temple into the mix, I'd still say my preference would be for Peppers Broadbeach, and place it equal second to Meriton - based on great rooms but my dislike of Surfers Paradise as a location, or my preference for Broadbeach as a location.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 07:35
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,854 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which one??

Hi,

Definitely Peppers - for closeness to restaurants & shops.

Merition is fab too - ask only for oceanfront rooms otherwise you will get the highway noise.

Another vote for Broadbeach... I visit every year & just went up there recently & was surprised to see all the new restaurants so busy under the Peppers complex .

7. Re: Which one??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach