We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for day trips from Broadbeach?

Hampshire, England...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for day trips from Broadbeach?

Hi,

I'll be staying in BroadBeach for 6 days early December and am looking at spending 4 of those days on day tours.

Do you have any suggestions please for interesting tours I could go on?

The Mount Tamborine tour looks really good.

I'm not into theme parks etc but I love the countryside and the coast so anything along those lines would be magic.

Cheers,

Simon

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for day trips from Broadbeach?

Take a whalewatching cruise.

Rent a car and drive to Byron Bay.

A day visiting Brisbane.

Cruise to South Stradbroke Island.

Springbrook and its waterfalls and rainforest are a short drive westward.

I live in Broadbeach and can vouch for it _ there's lots to see and do around here.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,443 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for day trips from Broadbeach?

Another vote for renting a car whilst visiting the Gold Coast. There are some lovely scenic driving day trips you can do with very interesting attractions.

Visit -

www.goldcoastaustralia.com/scenic-drives.html

visitgoldcoast.com/things-to-do/…

Byron Bay - is also a must do on your list for places to visit from Broadbeach.

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
124 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for day trips from Broadbeach?

I agree with the first poster. Definitely rent a car. There are plenty of beautiful scenic drives. Drive and check out natural arch and up to O'Reillys to see the birds and do the tree top walk(word of warning the drive up here is very windy), head out to the currumbin rock pools to cool off. Head south through Kingscliff to Bryon bay and back up through Nimbin.

Check out southern end of the coast. Burleigh heads has a beautiful headland with a walking track through rainforest with fantastic views of the ocean and up and down the coast.Some great little cafes in the area as well. Try paddle boarding at Tallebudgera or Currumbin creek.

4. Re: Ideas for day trips from Broadbeach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach
Recent Conversations