We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

Hi all

Hubby and I are going to come to GC I believe for 4 nights R&R 11-15 Sept, to basically lay in the sun and relax

We like nicer resorts, but not over the top like Versace!

Whilst we like walking on the beach, and laying on the beach for some time, a full sun pool is our priority with service for drinks, as the beach can get windy and have less protection. Also, if hubby wishes to have a rest in the room, I like to duck poolside for rays, as a sun worshipper

I prefer Broadbeach over Surfers any day, but wouldn't discount surfers altogether for the right place

I was considering Surfers Marriott , basically for the pool, but the location doesn't really appeal, not that close walking distance to anything

Ive stayed at Peppers broadbeach two years ago, and whilst its gorgeous, would like to try something else.

I don't mind being a block or so further back from the beach to get the right place

Im considering, and would like your opinions, on the resorts as a whole, but also the POOLS in these places, and how you rate them. Do any or all of them get FULL SUN and are there places I should be considering?

1. Jupiters

2. Sofitel

3. Hilton Surfers ( have read it has 3 or 4 pools, but cant find pictures)

4. Surfers Mariott

5. Oceana Broadbeach (cant see any great pics of pool area, but reviews say its good, is it full sun?)

So in ending, id like comments on the above, and further comments on what you think suits my needs in terms of being a good resort/apartment with great pool facilities with full sun, that wont break the bank, maybe $300 pn?

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,785 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

Hello,

A very nice short list, but if you're predominantly focused on a great pool, there's one glaring omission - Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast.

In regards to the photos for the Hilton Surfers, if you Google 'Hilton Surfers Paradise Pool' in the images section of Google, there are dozens of photos.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

I agree, a nice list. I really like the pool area of Jupiters but the only draw back is its a short monorail ride from the beach. Have you priced Soul in Surfers Paradise? It has a nice pool area on the eastern side.

Remember, that September can be quite cool as it is in the transition between winter to summer. I hope the water temps are warm enough.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,785 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

Brilliant suggestion as always BB. Soul is a very 'sophisticated' property in my view, and most definitely a worthy mention.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

I haven't looked at Soul , but I will now.

I probably hadn't, as I said I hadn't really considred Surfers.

Am I correct in assuming Marriott isn't really close to anything else outside the resort??

Ok, Ill look down Main Beach at Sheraton too

We have been in September many many times, and a few times in August which was still warm enough, and weather is always nice enough for us Melbourne people to lay around pool., 23-27 degress is usually perfect, and even if I don't hop in the pool, its nice to lay by a beautiful pool.

Can you both tell me what you think of the Sofital and Hilton hotels, and in particular there pool areas too? Overall quality? I guess I was leaning towards Sofitel, because its in Broadbeach and that personally appeals to me more, but I will look at the others

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

Ok KVE and Beach

Ive looked at Soul, it looks amazing, and on the beach, in the centre?

Can you tell me, its hard to tell from photos, but is the pool in front of hotel, looking at beach? That what it appears like?

If so, it should mean it doesn't get the sun blocked at all, as other hotels do from the adjoining hotels?

Can either of you confirm this?

Now, I remember, I had looked at Sheraton Mirage, and it was booked for my dates , being 11-15 Sept. I even looked at the Sheraton website, so that's out

That leaves me with choices of, in no particular order, with the costs I have obtained from the same website as a comparison

Sofitel, Broadbeach cost $1106 (non cancellable)

Jupiuters Broadbeach cost $1406

Hilton Surfers cost $668........the diff between the residency?

Hilton Surfers Residency cost $1048

Soul Surfers cost $1290

Surfers Marriott cost $906

Oceana Broadbeach cost $956

I ideally would like a 1 bed apartment, as opposed to hotel room, so that could possibly weave out Jupiters and Sofitel, but its not a deal breaker

Full sun pool all day, location within easy walking distance to cafes, restuarants and beaches is more the priority

Cost will play a factor, but none of these are exorbitant so its all relevant

Having said that, whats the opinion of the pool and general scene at Surfers Hilton and Soul? Is one better than the other etc?

Whats the opinions on the above and what will suit my needs best??

Im leaning towards Soul , Sofitel and Hilton but opionions will be appreciated

Thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

I had almost decided on SOUL....even made a fully refundable booking on booking.com

However, just read a review from 4 weeks ago, saying LOVELY PLACE BUT NO SUN ON POOL AFTER 10.30 AM!!

That surprised me, but if its the case, I need to go back to the drawing board

Which places do give full sun all day that you know of?

I think Sofitel does, Wave does (they are set higher?) any others??

Thanks

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

You obviously are a very discerning pool user linda! haha

Ok ok, The Sofitel pool is quite nice and located on the northern side of the hotel so more sun. Well located hotel but not apartments.

The best, full sun pools in my opinion are Jupiters, ICH Sanctuary Cove, Mariott Hotel, Versace and Sheraton. Now, none of them have a particularily central location unfortunately.

Sofitel is probably the best compromise.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,950 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

Its OK beach,

she's going to Palm cove now

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

Gurus

I haven't decided that, so you shouldn't actually speak for me :-)

beach thanks for your helpful input so far, its been a pleasure :-)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,950 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best full sun pool in ther Gold Coast region, in nice resort

It's just good manners to let other forum members know that you have other options in the mix...

Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach
Recent Conversations