We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Fuerteventura

Which Caleta de Fuste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
313 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Fuerteventura

Hi was wondering if anyone can help was looking at the barcelo fuerteventura but looking at reviews looks like was went downhill recently.

My manager stayed in it a few times but a couple of years ago and highly recommended.

I am a bit worried about the few reviews saying that the icecream is defrosted at the pool bar.

Is it safe to go here?

Thanks

Gaby

lancs
Level Contributor
252 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

we went in feb no complaints if thats allthats worrying u (ice crean in pool bar ) dont have any !!!!!! go to the netto 5 mins walk away get me a magnum lol

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
313 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

Thanks I really do fancy it my only problem being if you look up the most reviews a good few people mentioning food poisoning and i am a tad worried although I really do fancy the hotel. Cant decide been looking at things for this holiday for months and still cant decide.

Thanks

Gaby

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
637 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

the Barcelo is an excellent hotel, i have been going to caleta about 4 times ayear for the last 3 years (,we have a house there) ,we always go to the Barcelo , to watch some of their fantastic shows in their large theatre, i have never heard of any food poisoning there, and friends who have stayed there say the food is first class.

lancs
Level Contributor
252 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

do u not think it could be all the free beer n spirts in tha all inclusive and over indulging ......................................not food posining ......food was top class when i went (im a chef) use ur own initiative ......maybe the people who were ill took the bug on hols ...........go and enjoy

lancs
Level Contributor
252 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

also if it went safe or lots of people where ill dont u think the tour operator wouldnt operate there ,,,,,,,,,also my uncles there at the moment no complaints

Stirling
Level Contributor
92 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

Lovely hotel. You'll be fine.

Teesside
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

We went to this hotel at Easter this year and we havent a bad word to say about it.I don't know anyone that was ill with food poisoning and I would certainly have got it having to take medication suppress my immune system.The food was well cooked and there was a good choice too and the hotel was spotless.Like someone else said it's more likely to be over indulgence in food and drink as some people never moved away from the pool bar all day.The entertainment in the evening was great the team worked really hard .I only wish I could put this hotel somewhere else as Caleta wasn't our cup of tea .

Northern England
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

I stayed in this hotel last Easter and thought it was great, the shows are fantastic and I saw no sign of any problems, but I've read reviews where people complained about food bugs.

The dining room was clean, in my opinion the problems, if there are any, must be at the pool bar. This is an all inclusive hotel, which to some guests means spend all day at the pool bar drinking yourself stupid. There is plentiful booze of all types to help yourself to all day, and I think its probably the hygiene of certain guests at fault rather than the hotel. It would be easy to pick up an already used glass by mistake, and everyone including children handle the bottles and ice cream scoops. I saw many spillages and although the staff do try to keep it clean they tend to be overwhelmed by the crowd.

Use a little common sense and you should have no problems.

uk
Level Contributor
105 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

I reported food poisoning on the travel reports and I can assure you that as a mum of 2 young children, both ill ( as well as my husband and myself) it was not due to all inclusive drinks! Or over indulging.

I am really cross that this has been a slur on my family. We have holidayed in the caribbean, florida and have NEVER had a problem. My 18 month old daughter was so severely ill that she had to be flown home and spent 4 days in a UK hposital. This was certainly NOT due to over indulging or alcohol and it is very narrow minded of the contirubter to assume it was the fault of the individual holiday maker. If they had seen my baby daughter they would never have jumped to such a conclusion.

There are far better places to go although the resort of Caleta was lovely. Just choose another hotel please.

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
313 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Fuerteventura

I have booked the Elba Carlota now... It worked out a lot cheaper and I dont really mind being out in resort centre.

Thanks for all your opinions

Gaby

Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste