We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money??

Which Caleta de Fuste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
12 posts
Save Topic
Spending money??

Hiya,

I'm off to Caleta de Fuste end of Jan and starting to think about spending money (well, I'm really thinking what I can spend on Christmas and still have enough left over for the holiday!! lol)

It'll be me, my husband and 4yr old daughter, staying self catering for a week. We'll probably buy some stuff from the supermarket for breakfast and some lunches, then eat out for the rest and every evening.

We're not extravagent, so wouldn't want to go anywhere too expensive and my daughter's not fussy, so she'll be fine with whatever we choose!

So, I'm looking for some recommendations please?!

Best/cheapest supermarket?

Good value and friendly restaurants/cafes/bars?

Ball park figure total spend for a week?

Any help much appreciated!!

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money??

dont know much about caleta as never stayed there but going self catering i would think you would need at least 600-800 euros to have a great time with, there is always a mcdonalds in caleta if you like them? but you should find plenty of other resturants an chinese resturants,

lancs
Level Contributor
256 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money??

about £100 a day id say the trafalga is good eating place

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
642 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money??

hi ,if you are staying self catering ,you are best going to the large spar at the atlantico ctr to do any large amount of shopping,free bus, or taxi to and from the ctr. Nettos in the town are expensive, ok for newspapers ,bread milk...Eating out is really good in Caleta ,plenty of restaurants, chinese ,indian,greek, italian,most do childrens menu. the indian is really good , a bit more expensive,but worth it. Fado rock steakhouse is ok ,as is La boudagitta, and Nestors but i think the best value is the Trafalgar, specials there are about 8-9 euros(try a MINI grill 10 euros,never been able to finish one ).Chinese next to Mambo house is also good value. Can also get some good breakfasts for 3-4 euros in the town. Quite a few bars have happy hours ,our favourite is El Capitans ,across from the Barcelo Fuerteventura, they do great tapas there too. good entertainment on every night at Pierros,plenty of smaller comfortable bars , 60s bar ,blues bar . there are two safe kiddies parks with swings etc in the town. and bungee trampolines too,as well as two crazy golf courses. in the evening call into the large Barcelo hotel ,as they put some good shows on too. we usually go for a meal ,call in el capitans for a drink ,then nip across to the Barcelo hotel to watch the entertainment.

Derby, United...
Destination Expert
for Derby
Level Contributor
478 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money??

I agree with the earlier post saying 600-800 euros.

The cheapest supermarket is down at the Atlantico centre but it a a 15 minute walk. The supermarkets in town are all priced pretty much the same and can be expensive. However, if you simply stick to basics like breqd and water it is hardly worth walking down to the Atlantico centre. We always take our own breakfast cereal, and the odd packet of biscuits/pringles etc to save costs and like you eat out in the evening.

The Trafalgar and the Windmill do good meals at bargain prices. For 30 euros you should be able to have a couple of courses each plus a drink. Chinese is always good value, but watch out for the buffet places that are cheap but will charge you the earth for drinks!

Slow Boat II, next to Mambos, is very good for Chinese.

if you want to try Canarian food, Casabel (around the back of the main street) is good and we always like to finish our holiday with a last night meal at El Camorote overlooking the harbour.

Have a great time, say hello to Caleta for us - we are going back in April!

Bristol
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money??

Thanks all, really good info, very helpful!!

I was thinking around 600-700, so I'm glad I wasn't too far off the mark!

My daughter loves McDonalds *groan!* so I'm sure there'll be at least one meal in there to keep her happy! Great news about the parks too!

The Trafalgar and the Windmill sound like winners then! And the Slow Boat II aswell - love chinese! And I'd certainly make room in the budget for a good Indian! Quite interested to try Canarian food, so Casabel would be a good one too!

Glad there's lots of nice little bars too!

I think a trip to the Atlantico centre would be a must! Is the free bus easy to find? And how often does it run?

Thanks again all :0)

Derby, United...
Destination Expert
for Derby
Level Contributor
478 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money??

I haven't ever used the free bus - always prefer the walk, though if you are laden down with shopping it ias probably worthwhile.

It picks up at 2/3 places in Caleta - definitely the Barcelo hotel. I think it runs every 30 minutes or so.

Bristol
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending money??

Brilliant, thanks! I guess we could take a walk there and see how much we've got to carry and get a bus back if needed!

Thanks again :0)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
642 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending money??

the free bus stops at a few places in Caleta,if you decide to go to the atlantico ctr. apart from a large spar,youll find shops bars and restaurants inluding burger king,(mc donalds is across the road) there is a cinema bowling ally and amusement arcade too .........ALSO , in caleta for kids, there is a slow train that takes you around the town and down to the harbour,apart from the boats, here you will find sea lions, and a floating shop where you can feed the fish.a small bar there, does lovely crepes. one of my favourite places in caleta,sitting there with a coffee or beer watching the world go by .

Luton
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending money??

Don't bother with the Trafalgar - we had vile meals there and the service was poor. Never had a bad meal at the Windmill, where they had 3x courses for 8 euros. Hope you have a fantastic holiday, we loved it there in September.

Bristol
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending money??

Thanks! Liking the sound of the floating shop, feeding the fish - my daughter would love that! And the bar there sounds like a good place to go too - thanks for the tip!

Ooh shame about Trafalgar... glad to hear that the Windmill is ok though! I'm sure we'll be spoilt for choice once we get there!

Thanks again :0)

Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste