We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

Hi all, i would like to ask if anyone can advise the cheapest and best car hire from Fuerteventura Airport i would like to pick the car up from the ACTUAL airport, is it best to book before or just turn up and ask for one ?

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Fuerteventura
Fuerteventura
Canary Islands, Spain
Dublin
Level Contributor
803 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

If you put " Car Hire Fuerteventura airport" into the Trip Advisor search engine just above the top post, you will see there are numerous tips on car hire !!

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

we recently used payless. They have a kiosk in the baggage area. A small car for a week cost us £88 with no extras. Easy pick up and easy return with no problems at all

UK
Level Contributor
903 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

Recently used Cabrero Medina - they are in the same group as Cicar and Payless so check all 3 for price before booking. Pick up and drop off at airport with the same amount of petrol in.

Good quality car and competative prices. Would recommend.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

thank you guys i will look into the companys you have mentioned,

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
23 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

PAYLESS are excellent.

Avoid Gold car and Orlando.

St Albans-UK
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

Just returned and used CARHIRE3000, they subcontracted to GOLDCAR, who were rubbish..avoid !

You have to catch a minibus from the airport &

They use the old con of 'we charge you 68 euro for a full tank of fuel and you return it empty' ..you have NO CHOICE, it is almost impossible to use a full tank and therefore they get the benefit each time the car is returned with fuel remaining, this is buried in the small print !

London
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

Why are people recommending Payless over other companies?

Everyone is saying they are good, but what specially is good about them?

Also is the prices lower if booked in advance or on site on arrival?

I looked at the Payless website and it seem to start at prices of around 124 Euros for 7 days in May.

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

I was asked for my credit card and told to return the car empty - nobody mentioned extra, unwanted insurance and that they would OVERCHARGE for the petrol. My next credit card bill revealed an additional charge of £132 on top of what I had already prepaid for the car hire and Total Damage Excess Waiver. I complained to Holiday Autos who I had booked the car through online and they explained that the extra charges were for "relax insurance" which apparently becomes mandatory if you pay by debit card - I did NOT pay by debit card; a "diesel fee" (not requested and not understood!); an "upgrade fee" (again not requested); and an exhorbitant £60 for fuel - like you, I returned the car with petrol and if I had filled it up on the island, it would have cost around £40. To their credit, Holiday Autos refunded me the insurance I had paid them and the diesel and upgrade fees but they couldn't get the "Relax Insurance" fee out of Goldcard. Like you, I found the staff unpleasant, lacking in training, uncommunicative and have been assured that further training will be provided to make it a better experience for future hirers. I, however, will NEVER use this rip-off organisation again. How can we campaign to get them to change their practices, or get them closed down? Any online forums, rating sites, etc. that you know of, please advise and I will post my sorry tale there too to help others avoid this pain.

scotland
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

Prices do change from Month to Month , so I'd do a check on google etc and compare ,you will also see the same company with different prices on different web sites so do a good research .

Yes the do "Actul Airport " pick up and drop off service . Another way to do it would be to pick up at your accommodation or in town ,that way you can have ,eg a 3 day hire , which might drop the price a good bit rather than 7 days .Taxi is e10 and the # 3 bus is e 1-20 to Caleta .

Edited: 17 June 2011, 16:09
London
Level Contributor
18 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire from Fuerteventura Airport

booking online beforehand is a lot cheaper.

Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste