We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos?

Which Caleta de Fuste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
34 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos?

We're travelling to Fuerteventura at the end of May - are there many mosquitoes there? Especially at night?

scotland
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos?

Very few , and its not a big problem tbh .

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
642 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos?

to keep any mozzies at bay, remember, at night if your lights are ON , ie getting ready to go out etc, SHUT your windows........ we always do this , we sleep with windows open,( but no lights) and never have problems wth mozzies.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
938 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos?

Never had a mozzy problm in Caleta

Cardiff
Level Contributor
373 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos?

I never saw any in 2 weeks there

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
5,911 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos?

They are usually few and far between, but follow the advice of g1057 above, and that´ll reduce the risk.

Stirling
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos?

They can be a bit of a problem later in the year. Visited in October once, and was eaten alive on the first night, as we didn't expect them! You'll be absoluely fine in May, though.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos?

Went from 5th May for a week and had no problem with mozzies at all. In fact, I got bitten more when I came back than when I was there!!

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
567 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos?

I'm in Caleta now and haven't been bitten once!!!

Very very unusual for me-swear they can snuff me out for miles!!

Sure I read somewhere that it's only the female mozzies that bite for blood for protein for their eggs and it's only the females that buzz if you've a buzzer in the room-swat it!!! Also read somewhere that they aren't strong fliers so they wouldn't travel well in this current breeze...

9. Re: Mosquitos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste