We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

Hi does anybody know if the above are the same hotel. I was looking with Thomas Cook who state 40 s/c apartments but then the reviews on TA show room numbers into the 1000's. Thanks for any replies.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

They both belong to the Barcelo group and share the reception/restaurant etc, and are in the same area; but they are seperate.

The Castillo Beach Resort is divided into areas - 1000's, 2000's and 3000's; while the Puerto Castillo is a separate apartment area with it's own private access and swimming pool area.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

Thanks for your reply. I found an earlier review which answered my question if only I'd looked properly in the first place! Just deciding which one to stay at now.

scotland
Level Contributor
18,580 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

Barcello Puerto Castillo(apts) is over from the Barcelo Beach resort and as above has its own enterance and pool , the Beach resort( bungalows ) are more open planned and looks over the beach /Marina .

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

I quite fancy the apartments (4000) as I like a sea view but it doesn't give me the option of choosing. Would anyone know if they're all sea view in view of their position? Thanks

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
844 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

The Puerto Castillo apartments are a mix of sea view and non sea view - on the Barcelo web site you can select which one you would prefer. We always go for the sea view but when we were there in November our friends had a non sea view but still looked out to the harbour - that was a first floor though - I doubt the ground floor ones would see anything as there is a big fence around the whole complex.

I have stayed there 3 times so if there is anything else you would like to know about Puerto Castillo just ask. I haven't stayed in the main Castillo Beach resort though so couldn't compare what the apartments are like there sorry

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

That's great thanks. We've booked direct & gone for a sea view bungalow. Can't wait now - never been to Fuerturventura before. Only 6 months to go!!

Reading, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

We are staying here in the apartments over Easter. Is the food good? Is there a dress code in the restaurants?

scotland
Level Contributor
18,580 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

" Gentlemen are kindly requested to wear long trousers to dinner."

barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en_GB/hotels/Spain…

9. Re: Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort & Barcelo Puerto Castillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste