We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full fat milk - craveldale

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Full fat milk - craveldale

Hi everyone,

We are travelling to Costa caleta in 3 weeks time and will have my 1 year old little boy with us. He now drinks full fat cows milk at home (rather than formula) which is usually cravendale.

Can anyone let me know if any local supermarkets stock fresh cravendale whole milk, and if not, at least a UK sourced whole milk?

I am just conscious that I know personally the local milk tastes completely different, and I'm concerned that my boy may not like it, and subsequently could refuse all milk and cereal whilst we holiday, which I wouldn't like to happen if I can try and avoid!

If there isn't any UK sourced milk available then I'm going to try and wean him into the long life carton milk over the next few weeks before we come, as then at least it is a flavour he is used to, but didn't want to waste precious luggage allowance carrying heavy liquid over if it's not necessary.

We will be staying in Aparthotel Broncemar Beach, so I'm looking to get to any shops within walking distance (20-30 mins) as don't want to be hiring a taxi just for fresh milk.

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

You are most unlikely to get UK sourced milk such as Cravendale.

However, you will get ordinary pasteurised milk - Leche Entera, either in fresh or UHT form.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11,771 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

I've bought Cravendale in Majorca,costa del sol,Benidorm & Tenerife so I would say no problem getting it in supermarkets!!

london
Level Contributor
14 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

When I was in Tenerife 2 years ago, our son was 1 then and we bought the fresh spanish milk, it tastes the same as our milk (also I'm quite fussy about funny tasting, hot, or too creamy milk) and our son guzzled it, I'm sure Fuertaventura will be the same. We are at Broncemar in 3 weeks too! see you there!

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

I have never seen Cravendale milk in Calleta when we have been,but as poster one says you can get fresh milk,and from the Broncemar you are only 5 mins walk to the nearest supermarket for milk.

Wendy

Wishaw, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

There is a supermarket in Caleta called "British Stores", it's down near the Aberdeen Steak House. I've never been in it, but it may sell British milk.

Antigua, Spain
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

Hi

Cravendale is probably the only UK milk you can source on the islands....most supermarkets stock it.....albeit quite expensive.

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

You can buy pastuerised milk in the supermarkets here in Caleta.

Be careful, because it soon goes off! You are better off getting used to UHT milk, which is also cheaper.

Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

Thanks for everyone replies.

Seems to be a mixture of opinions, think I will try him on the uht over here over the next couple of weeks and if he is accepting of this then I'll take it over with me, if not then looks like we should be ok to find some kind of UK milk over there.

Thanks again, I'm on count down now!

hornchurch/santa...
Level Contributor
436 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

We always get cravendale whilst in Santa Ponsa, it is a bit more expensive but it does tend to last longer!

10. Re: Full fat milk - craveldale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste