We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

Which Caleta de Fuste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sherfield On...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

Due to come out to Caleta de Fuste shortly and staying at the Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel. Have heard some reports about lack of sunbeds, or rather umbrellas/shade, is this right? Do you have to get up early to beat the Germans/Brits? Do they police empty beds at all? Any tips?

Edited: 26 July 2013, 22:35
cheshire
Level Contributor
295 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

Hi.we have never had a problem getting sunbeds and usually reserve them when we come down to breakfast about 8.30/9am.Not all have shade and its the usual case of people having their favourite spot so will get up at silly o clock.In the 3 times we have stayed there I,ve never seen towels removed from sunbeds if people go for a stroll or Lunch.Its a vast pool area so doubt you will have a problem.Its when people put towels on their beds then go missing for the day that annoys me.The last Hotel we stayed in 2 British Women put them on the night before lol.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

When we visited during school holidays the sunbed situation was dreadful .

The beds were crammed like sardines, beds reserved and unused for hours on end, it was the worst of any hotel I have visited .

The hotel has a policy of not allowing sunbeds to be reserved but does not enforce it.

The main culprits were Brits, mostly festooned with Chelsea tattoos and football shirts.

Tip - use the next door Barcello pool

Edited: 27 July 2013, 22:19
Sherfield On...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

Many thanks - that's cheered me up no end !

cheshire
Level Contributor
295 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

Yes Sunbeds are plentiful & close together but find your spot and move them,thats what we do.If you go during school Hols most Hotels will have busy pool areas.If its too busy the beach near the Atlantico Centre is beautiful.You,ll have a lovely time and as I said in my previous reply we have always got 4 beds ok.

Sherfield On...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

Many thanks for replying again - we'll have a great time, can't wait........

bluebridge1
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

Just got back now.

The sunbed situation is, you do have to reserve one early ish, I must admit I was doing this at 7.30am, but going for breakfast then being on them again for about 8. There were a few already reserved by 7.30, but the bulk seem to come down after 8. The hotel put new notices up last week, saying not to reserve sunbeds unless you are returning back to them in a reasonable time, which I personally think is ok. A few times I was up about 6.30 to go for a walk (not to reserve beds) and I never saw any out that early.

Sherfield On...
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

Thanks for your response. Just returned back from our two weeks. We had a fantastic time, it's a great hotel and our balcony (block 2) could not have had a better view straight out over the pool and beach to the sea. Sunbeds were no problem, plenty available up to 9am or so, so we just sorted some out on way to breakfast. Some people were up early to secure their favourites but we spent half the days on the beach and up until the last 3 days or so the weather was not too hot so we didn't need a lot of shade anyway. Would definitely recommend both hotel and resort.

8. Re: Barcelo Thalasso Spa Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste