We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

cambridge, england
Level Contributor
35 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

It seems perfect for us; 2 adults and 2 small children with range of restaurants, kids' club and within walking distance of sandy beach and some shops. Is there a 'catch' somewhere or something I'm missing as it seems quite reasonable price for the standard of hotel and facilities we were looking for. Reviews seem good so is there something I am missing??!

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

We own a villa on the golf course nearby the hotel and often use the hotel for lunch drinks etc we think its great and everything seems a very high standard.I wouldn't hesitate to stay there myself if we didnt have the property. I cant comment clearly on the rooms but I 'd be surprised if they were not excellent as everything else is at the hotel

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

The catch is probably your flight price which I am finding out as well. Hotels seem to be great value which is what got me looking at the island in the first place but finding a flight for less than £1000 for 3 of us is proving rather tricky. I will keep looking though :-)

west midlands
Level Contributor
390 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

have you tried a mid week flight they do tend to be cheaper, we use either monarch or Thomas cook out of Birmingham.

shropshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

Hi cambridgegirl I have stayed at the Sheraton at caleta de fuste and it is lovely. The rooms are comfortable especially the beds try and get a seaview room. The food is also a very high standard and they have a warm pool which is great if you have small children. I totally agree with the others it is the flights that are expensive. I would recommend the junior suite with 2 small children. The beach is next to the hotel which is clean and nice. There's also a shopping centre next to the hotel which has a spar and some lovely boutique shops. The hotel is one of four in this area. If you prefer a little nightlife a taxi is recommended. Enjoy.

Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

we found cheaper flights on Norwegian air this year flying from gatwick (same day from Liverpool 2700, from gatwick 1090 and that's for 3 adults 2teenagers 2 under 6) .......going back to the hotel, this is one of the best in caleta and looks amazing, haven't stayed myself as we have to have 3 rooms so it is very expensive for us.

The reviews are probably true of the hotel, and just to let you know it usually is an older crowd in this hotel along with guests from all over, and the entertainment will be catered again for all and spoken in all languages which can put some people off, especially if they have children.

we have stayed at many hotels that don't just cater for the English and I must admit we prefer. .....have a lovely stay x x

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

Blue Dudley. We are stuck now with school holidays and the search I did was last week in July/first week Aug. Seemed to be a bit limited out of the midlands airports or maybe they are not all available yet. Cheapest I found was easy jet from Liverpool for about £700.just don't fancy 2.5 hour trek to and from the airport though this time.

Level Contributor
191 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

that's what we thought was the extra travelling, so we have booked into a premier inn for the night before and night after at 29 pounds for each night. ....the summer holidays are always expensive, I presume you have kids and concerned over the fines etc so hence the only term time. I too have kids but I'm afraid to say I will be taking my children out for a few days in term time ....but that a debate for a different day/ website lol..........

england
Level Contributor
90 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

I stayed here with my family (2 yr old) and my husband. The food was fab, the pools are fab, and the room was the best/largest standard room we have ever stayed in. I paid for half board, standard room. Yet our room had a sea view which was great. I was also so fortunate that I had paid for half board as the food around the pool area was very expensive. I also visited the spa which again the same as everything else was fab. HOWEVER the drawback is THE BEACH. I went in August and the sea is VERY rough, no way could a small child have gone passed ankle deep as the waves crash down on you, this happens cos of the intense winds, yet I have visited fuerteventura 4 times now and this beach by far has been the worse. There is sand but it disappointed me, the sand IS NOT golden or soft. It's dark sand, with stones and sharp bits, you can't even put your towel down or it will blow away, you will not be able to use inflatables as they will blow away the moment you let them go and I don't mean flicker across the beach, your inflatable if let go will be ripped from the sea/sand and will be violently flung into some other poor unsuspecting tourist face/head at about 20mph!! The photographs of the beach outside of the hotel that are on many a british holiday broacher are very misleading. The beach was a great disappointment to me as I expected golden smooth sand and clear waters as this is what I had experienced all the other times I have been to fuerteventura. Yet I would stay here again as the hotel is so lovely but I would hire a car, otherwise you are missing out on some of the best beaches I have ever seen.

9. Re: is there a 'catch' at the Sheraton Fuerteventura?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste