We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

w.mids
Level Contributor
420 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

a bit of a sad question, but I do like to watch a bit of tv in the evening.

can anyone tell me which uk tv channels they have at the barcelo fuerteventura, please?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

We were there in December and you could get BBC1 BBC2 ITV and a couple more which I cannt remember, hope this helps

w.mids
Level Contributor
420 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

thanks for reply...hooked on " line of duty" on bbc2 and "dci banks" on itv although prepared to miss them for a corny in-house show!

any must-does..this will be our first time in fuerte.

cheers.

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

Hi, we just returned from that hotel, and no bbc/itv channels worked as they have had problems with the tuning. Am sure it will be sorted soon, but don't bank on watching uk tv!

We had a great time there - enjoy your hols!

Helen x

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

Hi, we just returned from that hotel, and no bbc/itv channels worked as they have had problems with the tuning. Am sure it will be sorted soon, but don't bank on watching uk tv!

We had a great time there - enjoy your hols!

Helen x

w.mids
Level Contributor
420 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

oh,no!

go next week.

I'm an earlybird and don't stop up late so a bit of telly suits me..threatened to take hubbie to drag pub instead!

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,182 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

The lack of TV channels is nothing to do with the hotel's tuning capabilities. Since Feb 11th all BBC and ITV channels have moved to a new satellite and the coverage does not reach most of Europe outside UK.

w.mids
Level Contributor
420 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

i'd heard that that was going to happen, but didn't know when..and thought that hotels might have made alternative arrangements anyway.

never mind, will do an in-depth investigation of "Variations within sangria production" instead.

solihull
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

That's a relief! We're there tomorrow night and the possibilityof missing the last episode of 'line of duty' was almost unbearable. Great news!Thanks for asking the not so sad question.

w.mids
Level Contributor
420 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

back from the hotel; lovely 32" tv and no decent uk channels..not even cnn news; three channels i'd never heard of before mostly showing bad american tv series from the '70's and '80's.

hope they get their act together post-satellite move soon!

10. Re: uk tv at barcelo fuerteventura hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:26