We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas in fuerteventura

Which Caleta de Fuste hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
christmas in fuerteventura

Im wanting to take my daughter away for christmas this year but before I book I wondered if anyone can help. im wanting a week away but dont know if to go self catering or all inclusive as I dont know what prices of food is like put there. Id also like to know what the weather will be like too and information of trips.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

All inclusive is often recommended for large families whose kids are constantly demanding drinks, ices, etc, and/or where the adults would like to consume large amounts of booze and aren't so concerned with quality. In these two cases, it can work out cheaper, and for some families it's really the only viable choice. However, for anyone else it isn't normally the best bet as it's very restrictive and monotonous, and often not very good quality.

Quality is undeniably better in the myriad bars, cafés and restaurants of Caleta. I know Corralejo better, but I'm told Caleta also has many "cheap 'n' cheerful" eating places. I know for a fact that in Corralejo you can get an all-in oriental buffet for 6.99€, and there are many menus around the 10€ mark. I'm sure there's similar in Caleta. If you're willing to shop and prepare sarnies for the beach for lunch (the local goat's cheese is second to none!), after breakfast in the apartment, you could well get by on 15€/day for yourself for food (drinks extra). For your daughter, it depends on her age, of course.

Don't expect to cook a 2-course roast in your apartment (but you can get them very cheaply on Sundays anyway), but there's always kit enough to warm up a tin or make other basic meals.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

Thank you. my daughter will be 11 yrs old. I was hoping to find somewhere thst might even do a christmas dinner. Do you know what the weather is like out there at christmas time .

Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

We've stayed at Caleta at Christmas, it was pleasantly warm, but goes dark by 5 ish and is cool in the evenings. Christmas Eve seems to be a bigger event than Christmas Day and 6th January (King's Day) is a big celebration. Loads of places to eat out, we did AI at Cay Beach and can recommend there. Some less than great reviews on here about Cay Beach recently, but we've been 4 times and its lovely.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

Is there places to go for christmas dinner etc

Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

We were AI at cay beach that Christmas so got a Christmas dinner in the evening, bizarrely no sprouts but then sprouts on Boxing Day! We thought that was hilarious. Loads of bars and restaurants doing Christmas dinners though, I think you'd have to book though once you were there.

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

thank you so kindly. Think ive made my mind up and thinking of going self catering x

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

We stayed in Corralejo over Christmas and there were plenty of bars and restaurants open, the English ones mainly offering Christmas dinner.

We were all inclusive and had Christmas dinner at the hotel.

Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
4,516 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

Certainly do. Each of the two we've spent here have included beach time; some friends had a sea swim but not us - 20C is a fine air temperature when it's sunny, but not so appealing as a water temperature.

Most restaurants will be open, as it isn't a very important holiday for the Spanish (their big day is 5/6 Jan). Some British-run places close but the rest offer a traditional turkey do. Best to book if you want one of those.

9. Re: christmas in fuerteventura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste