We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

The complex @ C/ Espino, 35610 Caleta de Fuste, Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain is the one I am talking about! a couple of questions, well a few really...

1) how far is it to the main strip?

2) Where is the nearest supermarkets?

3) what is the difference in a basic/standard apartments?

4) how secure are these apartments doors/windows etc, any security at night?

5) does anyone have a decent map of the area?

Thanks in advance

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

sunnyfuerteventura.com/fuerteventura-maps/ca…

Here's a street map - the resort/villas look to be about 20-30 mins walk down into the town/beach but there is a mini train that goes part way up and there's a fair few bars and restaurants up there.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Many thanks Angela,

Helps to know just where we are, looking to book something, when i can get holidays sorted as this will be an extra! lol

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
7,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Castillo beach is divided into 4 areas - Moon, Lake, Park and Vistas. They have a central reception. It's a 20 minute walk downhill to the beach and centre. As Angela says the mintrain comes up as far as Fuerteventura Beach Club.

The nearest supermarket is at the Montecastillo Centre, where there are bars and restauranyts - abou 5/10 minutes away.

Accomodation is basic, but that should be reflected in the price. Each area is surrounded by a security fence, with key access.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Thank you Caleta,

I am still quite confused, as I thoughthey were different complexes, as in TA? was looking at on the beach, and they are selling the basic apartment cheaper than the standard apartment??? Is the Fuerteventura Beach Club near the Castillo Beach then? Was hoping to do a 11 night holiday, but alas, have discovered I can only do in multiples of 7 e.g 7/14 nights etc, as flights from Edinburgh only go on the one day! looks nice from photo's, we will end up doing 2 weeks as a week is not long enough....! just looking for a nice quiet relaxing beach holiday, nothing strenous, enough of that lark at work!

Any info much appriecated, and again thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Were these complexs timshares at one point?

Had a look at the map Angela, and somehow get the feeling, as they are different names, that it follows the timeshare look???

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

You may well be right sunbabe I do recall many years ago when they were developing up the hill, being badgered by timeshare touts wanting us to go to the top for a timeshare presentation - that was when these apartments were at the top of the hill, there was nothing further up.

We are going to the Castillo Playa apartments, right on the edge of bars/shops etc and less than 5 minutes to the beach.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Hi Angela,

Yes, I remember being huckled into a taxi to Anfi de mar, Gran Canaria for a timeshare day, spent the day at the complex too, that was in 2001, never bought one! they were pests these timeshare touts! thankfully, it is something you rarely see or hear about nowadays, we like to be in control of where & when we are going on holiday, and like to go to different places, i have been to Corralejo in 2005 and loved it, so would like to do Caleta de Fuste, I do love the Canary Islands!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Castillo playa apts look good Angela

Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
7,031 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Sunbabe - Castillo beach apartments are next to Fuerteventura Beach Club - I think they are wrongly named as they aren't near the beach! Castillo Playa Apartments are always well recommended, like Angela says.

Some of Castillo beach is timeshare.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Castillo Beach Villas/resort/vistas? which?

Hi Caleta,

Yes they do have that distinct look about it, any of the complexes will do us, as i just need rest, but may price up Castillo Playa as it is neared to beach - Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste