We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

Paisley
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

I can't understand why this place is number 1 in caletta. I've just read through 5 or 6 pages of reviews here on trip advisor and its astonishing how many people have left 5 star reviews who have only ever posted once or twice.

runcorn
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

I must admit we visited shivram indian just over a week ago as i am an avid curry enthuisiast, and yes it was top notch, the chicken phall was in the top 5 ive ever eaten and the price was very reasonable so although the restaurant is brand new its obviously getting things right which goes some ways to explaining its trip advisor rating.

Paisley
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

I too have eaten here on holiday last month, and would agree that while the service was good, the food was very average. The reason I've posted here is that I left a review on TA for shivam and had to search back thru 6-7 pages to find it. It seems to me that as soon as a bad review is left ( I gave 3/5) they are bombarded with first time posters giving it 5/5 and if you read these reviews they all sound as though they've been written by the same person.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,345 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

If you feel this way about a review you can report it to the DE. Everyone has their own opinion I suppose of what a top notch curry might be. On my recent visit I did not try Shivam but I did however go back to Fusion 22 which I find to be absolutely excellent, both food and service. I am hoping to go back (on my own) but I will go to Fusion 22 again as I feel comfortable there.

west midlands
Level Contributor
390 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

I see what you mean. It does look a bit suspect, not saying that there is anything wrong with the place or that the food is not good, just not too sure if the reviews are genuine.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
995 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

We went to Fusion 22 and found it very good. Though to be fair friends who run a bar in Caleta said Shivam was very good and on a par with Fusion 22.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

Maybee its because its in a resort full of Brits curry has now overtken roast beef and Yorkshire pud as the national dish.

Mentioned in this post
Yorkshire
Yorkshire
England, UK
Caleta de Fuste...
Destination Expert
for Caleta de Fuste, Fuerteventura
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

The reviews do look a bit suspect, but I think it has got a good reputation.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

I asked the same question a couple of months ago!

I can't believe there a so many reviews from first time posters, if you look at reviews of other places in Caleta they are more of a mix.

Antigua
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

It should be investigated by TA. It's not even in the town. TA specify that "incentives" are not allowed. It's obvious that this is what's happening.

10. Re: Shivam Indian restaurant. Why is it rated number 1?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Caleta de Fuste